Avaya Support Forums

Avaya Support Forums (http://support.avaya.com/forums/index.php)
-   Avaya Aura & Unified Communications (http://support.avaya.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Avaya newbie: Boss Secretaryaha (http://support.avaya.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354)

ahartoch 09-15-2010 10:57 PM

Avaya newbie: Boss Secretaryaha

Hi,

Im making my way into the Avaya world and although I have search through forums I have not seen a clear programming description on how to setup a Boss - Secretary to work correctly. I'm used to Nortel which was fairly straight easy with the BFS feature, however with Avaya...

Requirements:

1 Boss 1 Secretary

The secretary while the Boss is in the office requests from her phone to divert all the Boss's calls to his/her telephone. The secretary can all times know if the boss is idle or busy on a call. The secretary is the only person that can transfer calls under this scenario. If the secretary moves away from the desk she can divert all the incoming calls to a mobile phone regardless if they are personal or are procceding from the boss telephone. When she/he leaves the office at noon and the boss still is at work she/he can let the calls to ring into the Boss's phone.

1 Boss 2 Secretaries

The same behaviour, however instead of the secretary filtering the calls from the telephone is the boss from his/her telephone the one who will select which secretary will screen the calls.

I would very much appreciate any detailed configuration on how to perform these setups.

Alex

kajgikar 09-21-2010 12:22 AM

Hello Sir,

Please refer to the following manual -

Feature Description and Implementation for Avaya Communication Manager

You may need to check 3 feature and combine it,
1) Call Fwd
2) Call Divert
3) Bridge app.

Thanks,

AMol K.

duzsa 02-11-2014 04:37 AM

Hello ,
I know it's an old thread but has anybody got the scenario in the first post working ?
with 1 Secretary and 1 Boss
Quote:

1 Boss 1 Secretary

The secretary while the Boss is in the office requests from her phone to divert all the Boss's calls to his/her telephone. The secretary can all times know if the boss is idle or busy on a call. The secretary is the only person that can transfer calls under this scenario. If the secretary moves away from the desk she can divert all the incoming calls to a mobile phone regardless if they are personal or are procceding from the boss telephone. When she/he leaves the office at noon and the boss still is at work she/he can let the calls to ring into the Boss's phone.
if yes , than how ?

tikho2 02-11-2014 10:37 PM

Check "team button" also, hope it'll help.

duzsa 02-13-2014 04:56 AM

pretty close , i'll have to test
thx

-- Edit --

it's not working as i expected , you need at least 3 buttons assigned to able to forward CEO's calls from Secretary's phone , to disable the FWD , and only here to be able to transfer call's or call the CEO if FWD is enabled
all this functionality was using one button on nortel with BFS

any other ideas ?