Avaya Support Forums

Avaya Support Forums (http://support.avaya.com/forums/index.php)
-   IP Telephony and Convergence (http://support.avaya.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Avaya Vantage CErtification Problem (http://support.avaya.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12974)

aturkben 09-06-2017 01:30 AM

Avaya Vantage Certification Problem [Solved]

1 Attachment(s)
I have some questions about Vantage:

• I have utility server on customer site for download firmware, Avaya equinox Apk and SM SIP certificate. I have already configure K1xxSupgrade and 46xxsettings file for automatic install equinox apk when the device restarted. The question when I tried to restart vantage it lost SIP certificate which is already installed by me manually. Is there a way to keep certificate even if restarted.

• I have configured many parameters but point to point video isn’t working . Do I need additional license or something?

Solved:

Check web gatewat setting like attached screenshots.

Actually, from infrastructure perspective, the configuration is on MCU meeting type as below. What I previously attached is the configuration for client/Web Gateway. In order to support SRTP, both instrastructure and client should be configured together.

treys 01-16-2018 11:29 AM

Greetings, did you ever get this resolved? I have a new Vantage phone and its getting the 46xxsettings file correctly. I get prompted with username and password. I enter a working UN and PW then get an error saying the "Security certificate required for VoIP phone service" is not valid. Need help!! :)

perre11 01-30-2018 11:29 AM

You need to install the proper certificate on any device for Equinox or Vantage app to be able to registered into SM. Otherwise, you will get such error.
In order to get the certificate, go to SMGR > Security > Certificates > Authority > CA Structure & CRL > Hit Download Binary /IE (for windows and android)
Hope it helps

Pablo.

thargi 04-12-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perre11 (Post 32990)
You need to install the proper certificate on any device for Equinox or Vantage app to be able to registered into SM. Otherwise, you will get such error.
In order to get the certificate, go to SMGR > Security > Certificates > Authority > CA Structure & CRL > Hit Download Binary /IE (for windows and android)
Hope it helps

Pablo.

Then what? Download the file and do what with it?

mlombardi1 04-17-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thargi (Post 34091)
Download the file and do what with it?

If using the Windows client, load the root certificate into your Windows truststore.

If using something like Vantage, upload the root certificate to your HTTP server and direct the phone to download it using the TRUSTCERTS parameter in the 46xxsettings.txt file. Example:

Code:

SET TRUSTCERTS SMGR.pem

tliadi 10-24-2018 06:18 AM

Server Certificate not Trusted

Thank you all so much!
This error was corrected using your solution.

schmi221 03-26-2019 02:58 PM

Hi. Could you clarify something for me. In one post you say to pull the binary certificate, however in your example you use .pem as an example. I have a Vantage device I am trying to set up and am confused on what I image of the certificate I need to download. Also is it the cert name that goes in the settings.txt file field?

Thank you

salee22 10-03-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmi221 (Post 35189)
Hi. Could you clarify something for me. In one post you say to pull the binary certificate, however in your example you use .pem as an example. I have a Vantage device I am trying to set up and am confused on what I image of the certificate I need to download. Also is it the cert name that goes in the settings.txt file field?

Thank you

You have to download
1. SystemManagerCA.pem file via System Manager Web Console, under Services, click Security > Certificates > Authority. Rename the downloaded file to .txt.
2. Avaya SIP product CA via On System Manager Web Console, click Elements > Inventory > Manage Elements,Select the Session Manager instance.In the More Actions field, select Configure Trusted Certificates.Select Avaya SIP Product CA certificate from the list (SECURITY_MODULE_HTTP).Export and rename it to .txt.

In the 46xxsettings file, mention this file names (including .txt file extension )in TRUSTCERTS , and load it to Vantage