Avaya Support Forums

Avaya Support Forums (http://support.avaya.com/forums/index.php)
-   Small and Medium Business Communications (http://support.avaya.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   IP Office security certificate (http://support.avaya.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4850)

didom7 07-11-2014 01:00 PM

IP Office security certificate

I get a "your ip office secuity certificate will expire in 170 days" when I open Manager.
Why do I get this? And can it be removed.

Thanks

vkg 08-11-2014 09:33 AM

IPO Identity Certificate

you can choose any of the following steps

1) Use ipo manager to communicate without certificate
File > Preferences >security > Manager certificates Check > to None

2) Default the security settings which creates another unique, self-signed instance
with same name but differing instance.

3) Security settings > system > identity certificate > delete the certificate and save security configuration ipo will generate a new self signed certificate.

Regards,
Varun KG

munoz79 10-26-2015 01:40 PM

Will doing step 3 cause the system to reboot ? I was about to try it but a message pops up saying the system may not be reachable for 5 minutes.

havel3 10-31-2015 09:07 AM

To generate a new certificate the IP Office has to reboot.

markgallagher 10-31-2015 01:26 PM

Yes and no - the IP Office doesn't actually reboot, but the process of generating a new certificate is so processor intensive that for an IP500 does nothing else for the next few minutes - so effectively its pretty much the same as a reboot.

rachoe 07-30-2017 07:10 PM

Security Certificate Expires

What will happen if the security certificate will totally expire? Will the Avaya IP Office stop running meaning no more incoming and outgoing calls? Can we no longer log-in to the Avaya IP Office Manager?

Thanks

regan16 04-03-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkg (Post 11803)
you can choose any of the following steps

1) Use ipo manager to communicate without certificate
File > Preferences >security > Manager certificates Check > to None

2) Default the security settings which creates another unique, self-signed instance
with same name but differing instance.

3) Security settings > system > identity certificate > delete the certificate and save security configuration ipo will generate a new self signed certificate.

Regards,
Varun KG

By defaulting the security settings what exactly do you mean? (under file,preferences,security) or under the actual security section?

dwilliams500irl 04-03-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan16 (Post 33928)
By defaulting the security settings what exactly do you mean? (under file,preferences,security) or under the actual security section?

Defaulting the security settings makes all the passwords on the unit default.
I would say it's best to follow option 3 from the choices.
Log into Security Settings and regenerate a new certificate. After the certificate is regenerated, use the view button to install the certificate in the Trusted Store on the Admin PC as well.

regan16 04-04-2018 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilliams500irl (Post 33930)
Defaulting the security settings makes all the passwords on the unit default.
I would say it's best to follow option 3 from the choices.
Log into Security Settings and regenerate a new certificate. After the certificate is regenerated, use the view button to install the certificate in the Trusted Store on the Admin PC as well.

Thanks, works a treat!