Avaya Support Forums

Avaya Support Forums (http://support.avaya.com/forums/index.php)
-   Telephones, Adjuncts, and Adapters (http://support.avaya.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Changing phone extension number (http://support.avaya.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6044)

sridh2 02-18-2015 12:14 PM

Changing phone extension number

Hi Team,

I am new to avaya deployment. I need to change the extension number of an existing phone from 4 digits to 10 digits .Can some one please explain how to do that. At the same time is there any way i can achieve this using Avaya site administration tool (phones are in remote location ).

Thanks in advance,
Sasikumar.

marzahn 02-19-2015 08:19 AM

Need More Data Please

Could you provide an example? I would not hazzard a guess with just the information given. For example:
What version of CM?
Is the phone in a call center?
Is it an Avaya product or the person's own home phone.
Is there a VPN connection?
Is one-X communicator or Agent in use?

Please provide some detail about what you are doing and what happens when you do it.:)

sridh2 03-11-2015 10:27 AM

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your reply. Here is info you requested

CM version--5.2
yes this phone is connected to ACD and used by agents.
it is Avaya phone
No VPN connection

Currently this phone has extension number 1000 , i want to change that number as 1000100010 (from 4 digits to 10 digits).

Since i am new to this deployment, please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Sasikumar.

marzahn 03-16-2015 02:18 PM

I think you need a coverage remote for this

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridh2 (Post 15986)

CM version--5.2
yes this phone is connected to ACD and used by agents.
it is Avaya phone
No VPN connection

Currently this phone has extension number 1000 , i want to change that number as 1000100010 (from 4 digits to 10 digits).

Sasikumar:

Perhaps I do not understand the task you have before you. I have never changed the dail plan for only one number but for all stations on a switch. I do not believe it can be done. But wait . . . I think this is not really what you want.

Let me see if I have this right . . . You have a number in another location that one of more of your staff needs to call. That station (extension number) is on a sepparate Avaya PBX (or switch) in another state. To call that number you dial an access code (9) and the full 10 digits. Right?

If this is the case . . .
  1. Set up a remote coverage path: "change coverage remote 1" and type the number you want to call in a blank space. Let's say the number is 1000 in Providence RI. That would make the entry "914014591000." Remember to put in the access code (usually 9) first.
  2. Set up a new coverage path: "add coverage path next"
  3. Set the number of rings to "1."
  4. Set "point 1" to the r+the remote coverage number.
  5. Add a new local station.
  6. Set the coverage path on page 1 of the station config to the number of the coverage path.
  7. Test . . . always test.
Let me know if this was what you needed.:cool:

agronw 05-19-2015 12:15 AM

i would add 10-digits extensions to dialplan analysis and move the old to the new extension via asa.
negative effect: dialing 4 digits extension will wait for a timeout until dialing.

regards,
andre

marzahn 05-19-2015 04:44 AM

Not Sure this Get Youi Where You Want to Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by agronw (Post 17149)
i would add 10-digits extensions to dialplan analysis and move the old to the new extension via asa.
negative effect: dialing 4 digits extension will wait for a timeout until dialing.

regards,
andre

Unless I am totally off base Andre, the key is that the station to which Sasikumar wants to send the call is in a different location. Moreover the 10-digit format should already exist in the dialplan. See: "display dialplan parameters."

I have used the solution offered below on many occations. It allows staff to reach a remote 10-digit number by dialing a specific 4-digit extension. Questions?;)