Avaya Support Forums

Avaya Support Forums (http://support.avaya.com/forums/index.php)
-   Avaya Aura & Unified Communications (http://support.avaya.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Upgrade ME 6.2 - craft login to Session Manager (http://support.avaya.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1853)

stojand 06-20-2012 07:23 AM

Upgrade ME 6.2 - craft login to Session Manager

Hi,

I would like to know how to ssh on Session Manager 6.2 (vm ME template) with craft login or any other login.
I can't ssh with craft login, I've received challenge/response prompt.

What procedure I have to follow to login on Session Manager?

Regards

zhonghuali 07-25-2012 10:47 PM

Hi,

Please be noted that authentication in SM6.2 has changed compared with previous version. Craft/sroot now belongs to Avaya Service login and will be ASG-challenged.

During the SM6.2 installation , it will ask you to create a login "cust" which is used for daily maintenance. This login is not ASG-challenged. So you you can use this "cust" login to ssh into SM 6.2.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

alexhp 08-05-2012 02:06 PM

The problem with this limited account is that now partners cannot even copy the TraceSM.log or created a tcpdump, which was really useful, especially for speeding up the investigation process with support.

Any way to overcome this limitation?

pbohat 09-11-2012 01:02 AM

Hi All,

if using cust login try "sudo" for this user.
you can see a list off possible commands.
one of them is, I dont remember exactly, enablerootlogin or simmilar.
If you would read, you would guessing.
with this command you can enable tthe root account for SM.

Regards,
Peter

garybull781 10-30-2012 06:22 PM

I'm not seeing how sudo can work from a customer login. Can not enable a root account from a customer login. I can't even mount an .iso in SM to run a basic service pack upgrade. Avaya needs to give us root access to SM again, or at least expand what the cust login can do.

richwallot 11-20-2012 01:42 PM

I need to know where to go with this as well. I cannot find any documentation past actually getting SP 2 installed.

bavanl 12-17-2012 02:46 AM

Anyone found a solution for this ? I want to kill a traceSM that is stuck and cust account can not kill it .... very frustrating

sfejos 01-03-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stojand (Post 4951)
Hi,

I would like to know how to ssh on Session Manager 6.2 (vm ME template) with craft login or any other login.
I can't ssh with craft login, I've received challenge/response prompt.

What procedure I have to follow to login on Session Manager?

Regards

Use the same login that you have for Communication Manager! That will work!

agetor 01-04-2013 12:25 AM

sfejos is right. Use the customer account that was created for CM during installation for SM login. SM login procedure was changed in the 6.2 release.

patel218 12-11-2013 06:33 AM

Hi Agetor & sfejos,
Can you please explain further about what username/password you are referring for CM to use in SM to gain the access?

I am having Avaya SMGR6.2 and SM 6.2 connected to CM 5.2.1. However, We are not connected the CM 5.2.1 through SMGR. It's just having the SIP trunks from CM to SM via SMGR administration.

What username/password I have to use to get the root access on Session Manager?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
N Patel