View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 12:09 PM

silvib has 10 reputation points

Hi Thiel2,

Thanks so much for the response,

>> Does the audio ever kick in, like after about 3 seconds?

Audio never kicks in for the IPO system sending to the analog line on the other end of the ring down interface. We hear the operator on the Courtesy phone but they don't hear us.

>> How are you accessing the ring-down from the IPO? Are you dialing a short code, or
>> have you added a line appearance?

We just have it plugged into an analog port on one of the (4) ATM4 trunk ports that we have

>> Are you in Basic or Essential mode?

We have the Essential license

>> On the analog line, there is a tab for Analogue Options. On this form you will find a
>> setting for "Await Dial Tone" - default is 3000 mSec, which is 3 seconds. This is the >> amount of time after the IPO connects to the line before it will send any digits (for a >> regular phone call). Try setting this to 100, and see if you get audio right away (or
>> almost right away)

I will have to try this and I'll report back this week.

>> AND, are you aware that the IP Office has the ability to handle a hot line extension all
>> by itself, without the Viking box in the equation? Ports 7 and 8 on your Combo Card
>> are for single line telephones. Extend this to the Courtesy Phone, give it an extension
>> number that you can dial on the system, and create a hunt group to receive calls from
>> the Courtesy Phone. In the User programming for the Courtesy phone, go to Short >>
>> Codes, add ?D / Direct Dial / {extension number of the hunt group}

This is a great idea! I would need to swap 2 of our ATM4 cards for COMBO cards to get the 8 analog station ports for Courtesy phones that we would require, (we currently only have 2 of the combo cards in our frame) but it seems like the best way to go.

I'll still get back as to whether or not setting the "await dial tone" to a lower number fixes our issue.

Really appreciate the insight!