View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 06:40 AM
Hot Shot

navar126 has 10 reputation points
Exclamation

Thank you for your time to reply; I hope you are doing well.

Well, I think it is just silly to use that "Name" field for other purposes such as when you look at Active Calls in System Status for instance. There is no way to create a memorable name because the system does not accept periods, but I am also struggling to make a login to the Self-Administration website easier for everybody by making a memorable name because the system only accepts 15 characters long. A name may have more than 15 characters. If a 16 character person logs in with a full 16 character name, it will allow the person to log in but they can NOT make any changes because it will be in "Read Only" format. They would have to log in only using 15 characters for them to make changes, say, to their side card.

For example, Lisa Souvannavong; she can log in with their full name but it will be ReadOnly,until she logs in as "Lisa Souvannavo" to make changes. But I can't make memorable names like "LS4444" (4444 being extension numbers". BUT If I do that, under System Status > Active Calls, or event System Monitor, the name will not be relevant/easy to see for a human to know who that username belongs to.

What do you guys use to provide the end user a memorable name and also make it easier for you to see who it is BUT also allowing people to find others easily in SELF ADMINISTRATION to allow them to add them on their sidecard?

Thanks!