View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 12:10 AM
Legend

markgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation points

Your vendor is absolutely wrong, the 46xxsttings.txt file can be auto-generated and as I said, the recommendation is to let the system auto-generate the 46xxsettings.txt file and put any special settings that you require into a separate 46xxspecials.txt file (when that file is present the system automatically adds a GET 46xxspecials.txt command to the end of its auto-generated file).

"If this file is supposed to be auto-generated, why is it not there?" -as I said, the auto-generated file is only created temporarily to fulfill a request from a phone and then it is deleted.

You can test what file is being supplied for yourself using a web browser. Enter http://<address of your IP Office>/46xxsettings.txt as the address and the file contents will be shown in the browser.

As to why your original manual settings file was deleted I can't say. If present on the SD card, then it is protetcted during processes like recreating the SD card (same as any config file or embedded voicemail messages). It would have to be manually deleted or the card reformatted.