View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Hot Shot

ebyh has 13 reputation pointsebyh has 13 reputation points
Default Attendant Console Transfer Off-Net

Yes, it sounds like you've come up against a Class of Service restriction blocking Fwd-Off Net. I can think of two options:

1) Provision a unique COS for your attendant(s) with Trk-to-Trk Transfers permitted. If feasible limit the attendant COR to domestic (in-country) calls only, unless overridden with an authorization code, to further limit your risk of international toll fraud.

2) A second option (which I've used in the past before deciding to give our attendants the ability to transfer off-net when there is an appropriate business need) is to provision an internal (non-DID) extension with a COS enabling Call Fwd-Off Net. Then program each extension to call forward to a specific 10-digit number.

Yes, toll fraud is real, but in the day of nearly free domestic long distance, I don't worry about it too much, since we have international calling locked down for most users. Especially if you don't mix international calling permissions with off-net forwarding or transferring permissions, I think you'll be fine.

Hopefully this helps!