Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Enterprise PBX Communications Systems

Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 PM

rfleis has 10 reputation points
Default DCS 9 channels

We connect two locations with a DS2 but it looks like we only use 9 channels. Why would we do that? Couldn't we just activate 23 channels?

I do not understand why only 9 are active. Is there a cost issue? capacity?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Genius

mskinner has 10 reputation points

If you are using DCS between two Definity/Communication Manager systems and you purchased a point to point T1 from your local Service Provider, you should be able to translate all 24 channels (24 B channels, non-ISDN or 23 B channels with one D channel, ISDN). The only caveat would be if you didn't have enough RTUs available in the systems to support more than 9 trunks.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 AM
Aspiring Member

sikandar has 10 reputation points
Default G650,Urgent help required

Hi all,

I need a help regarding G650. just want to know installation slots for line cards like TN2224CP. They can be put in any slot or except 1(IPSI) and 12(MedPro). i found these two slot marked different than other slots.

I have 5 G650 in my PN and for A&B i got IPSI and Medpro cards but for rest 3 G650 can i use all the 14 slots for Digital and Analog cards?

Thanking in anticipation.

BR,
Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Genius

mskinner has 10 reputation points

Yes you can.