Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 AM
Aspiring Member

zhang362 has 10 reputation points
Post New phone system and Paging System License Questions

I'm looking for a paging system for my customer for a new store voip plan, it's planed to be fully IP deployment with 12 IP phones and 4 landlines,and paging system.I planed to go with IPO 500v2 r9.1 and Essential edition with 12 9600 series phone and Cyber data SIP-enabled IP V2 Paging Amplifier, I picked VCM 32 card loaded with 4 analog trunks daughter card.

Here are the questions where I'm not sure about:
1.Do I pick the right products for phone system?If not what do I need in addition.
2.How many endpoint licenses do I need except for 12 IP phones? Do I need a license for each of my paging amplifier?
3.If I want to use voicemail to email function do I need extra products to support it?

I'm newbie to both VOIP and Avaya, looking for your guide.
Appreciate your effort in advance.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:45 AM
Guru

kirchenlo has 15 reputation pointskirchenlo has 15 reputation points
Smile

Hello,

The system you picked should fit your requirements except one thing, you will need 3rd Party Endpoint licenses. These licenses are to connect the SIP paging amplifiers to the IP500v2. The VCM32 you will need to convert RTP codecs, so this is good as well, but it might be enough with the 10 VCM channels mentioned below.

If you like to go for SIP trunks you will need SIP Trunk channels licenses. The 4 analogue daughter card I would replace with an ATM combo card which holds 10 VCM Channels, 4 Analogue CO Lines and 2 FXS ports for FAX or any other analogue device.

12x 700504845 9611G IP Phone
1x 700476005 IPO IP500 V2 Control Unit
1x 700479702 IPO IP500 V2 SD Card
1x 339096 IPO R9.1 Essential Edition
1x 275660 IPO LIC SIP TRNK RFA 5 - System license for 5 ch SIP Trunking (SIP into public net)
1x 700429202 IPO 500 RACK MNTG KIT - IP Office 19 inch installation kit for IP Office 500
2x 275618 IPO LIC Avaya IP ENDPOINT 1
2x 275619 IPO LIC Avaya IP ENDPOINT 5
1x 275611 User license for 1x 3rd Party IP End Device
1x 700504556 IPO IP500v2 COMBO CARD ATM V2

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Regards
Old 01-25-2016, 01:48 AM
Guru

Exclamation

Forgot to mention, the embedded voicemail supports voicemail to email.

Out of the IP Office knwoledegebase.

"Voicemail Email
The voicemail system can send an email whenever your mailbox receives a new message. The email can be just a simple alert that you have a new message or it can also include an attached copy of the message."
Old 01-25-2016, 09:28 AM
Aspiring Member

zhang362 has 10 reputation points

Hi kirchenlo,
Thank you for providing such useful info for me. The customer requires with landlines coz he may have pos machine at the counters, so sip plan is not considered.

At the beginning, I was thinking of to use the ATM combo card as well, but since the customer has no Digital phones and analog phones requirement, won't those ports be wasted?
Old 01-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Genius

zakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation points

Zhang, I would recommend you get the combo card and a cheaper analog paging system and not deal with the headache of getting a SIP paging system. Unless they already have a SIP paging system you need to connect to, it also saves you the 3rd party endpoint licensing cost.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:04 AM
Guru

Solution Confirmed

Here some information about a SIP paging system.

http://blog.squarebaboon.com/?p=1788

https://www.snom.com/en/products/networking/snom-pa1/
Old 02-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Guru

@zhang362
Regarding your question about no need for digital phone, then I would suggest you use a VCM32 and 4 ATM daughterboard, price vice its more efficient then.

@zakabog
I would always try to build a VoIP only infrastructure and use if possible VoIP equipment. I would even prefer, but for such a small deployment a software only architecture.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Genius

zakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation points

Pure SIP can be good when you don't have any analog or digital devices, but he has 4 analog lines and he needs a VCM for that anyway. A combo card and an analog paging system will provide everything he needs without any third party license cost, and there's no need to configure a third party SIP paging unit to register back to the IP Office, just simply plug the paging unit in and be done with it.