Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Support Site Feedback Community

Old 05-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Aspiring Member

estoddard has 10 reputation points
Default support.avaya.com - wish it worked

Avaya - your support website, hosting alot of documents partners as well as customers use, is not very usable as it is today.

In terms of specifics, trying to find the latest documents (released in May) for MM 5.2 aren't even seen. Luckily I have some direct links to the documents or I would be hosed.

Please fix it!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Hot Shot

srector has 10 reputation points

What particular documents are you trying to find? On the MM 5.2 product support page (https://support.avaya.com/products/P0042/modular-messaging/5.2.x), all top documents, latest PSNs, Top Solutions, and latest downloads can be found.

Let us know how we can help,
Susan | Avaya Support Web Team | Avaya Client Services For PRIORITY Service, create a Service Request online at http://support.avaya.com. Select Service Requests > Create Service Requests. Also, check service request status, order parts, and access the latest knowledge from our newly designed Avaya Support website!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Aspiring Member

heatherappel has 10 reputation points

I'm not sure exactly which document(s) estoddard is looking for, but I can understand the confusion of not finding the most current documents for a product on the new site.

It seems like the listings should be sorted by date with the most recent at the top. For instance, if I were looking for a MM PSN, the results appear to be sorted with the most recent PSN being posted in March of 2012. I know that more recent PSNs have been posted, so I scroll down and find 5 PSNs posted in May of 2012 at the bottom of the results.

What are the chances we could get the search results sorted by date with the most recent at the top?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Aspiring Member

wayneg has 10 reputation points
Default Doc file names are truncated/ Where are the doc archives

Hi, people are getting frustrated searching for docs when the full title is not displayed. Can we find a way to display the full title and not truncate the name please.
On a second note where are all the documentation archives? This is the most useful feature in all of the documentation deliverables.
thx
Wayne Godsoe
AN Serviceability Engineering
Old 06-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Hot Shot

srector has 10 reputation points

Hi Wayne,
We have an enhancement in the works (very soon) to expand the title on the document name and also to give it a bit more real estate to allow for quick scanning.

Documentation archives were just reinstated - we're awaiting a crawl by our search engine to pick them up. Can you tell me which one you're looking for and I'll check to see if the search engine has already picked it up?

Thanks!
Susan | Avaya Support Web Team | Avaya Client Services For PRIORITY Service, create a Service Request online at http://support.avaya.com. Select Service Requests > Create Service Requests. Also, check service request status, order parts, and access the latest knowledge from our newly designed Avaya Support website!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:21 PM

hicks10 has 10 reputation points
Angry

Is there any way to reload the old site? The one that worked? Gosh, this had made for an awful day.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 PM

mmmackin has disabled reputation

Hi Heather:

Your suggestion to sort global search results with the most recent publications at the top is very reasonable, and is something we are looking to address.

In the meantime, if you click Products in the top navigation menu and enter 'Modular Messaging' and the Release, our new Product hub page will open. This page is designed to automatically serve up the most recent notices, user guides, downloads, knowledge-base articles, and more.

Or if you click Downloads and Documents in the top menu and enter 'Modular Messaging', the search results will display a filterable list of documents, ordered by most recent publication date. To refine or broaden your search, click on one or more of the Content Type filters displayed on the left.

Please note that titles are truncated, but if you hover your mouse over the title, the full title will display.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by mmmackin; 06-19-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Aspiring Member

heatherappel has 10 reputation points

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmackin View Post
Hi Heather:
Your suggestion to sort global search results with the most recent publications at the top is very reasonable, and is something we are looking to address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmackin View Post
Or if you click Downloads and Documents in the top menu and enter 'Modular Messaging', the search results will display a filterable list of documents, ordered by most recent publication date.
Hi Maggie, thanks for the reply. The search results I am referring to are the ones under downloads and documents with the product and release chosen, and product support notices selected. They are not ordered by publication date. Using Modular Messaging 5.2 as an example, the PSN at the top was published on March 11, 2012. If you scroll to the bottom of the 102 PSNs, you'll find that the last 5 are out of order from the rest of the list and you'll see one that was published on May 1, 2012 (PSN003686u).

Also, thanks for the explanation of the product page. That could be helpful for our customers as well. Although, I have the same issue there, as the list of "Notices and Release Notes" doesn't have the most recently posted PSN at the top either.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:44 PM

mmmackin has disabled reputation

Oooops! You're right -- that should not happen! Our apologies, but thanks for pointing this out to us. We have created a ticket to get this fixed.

Were you aware that you can also click the Set E-notifications button on the Product page to get an email every time there is a new product or support notice released? We're big fans of pro-active notifications -- we also have something similar for notifying you when your Service Request status changes.

Again, we sincerely do appreciate your feedback on this and other challenges you face on our new website. Our intent was to improve findability and streamline self-service -- letting us know about these small wrinkles will help us refine the design and functionality.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Aspiring Member

boothg has 10 reputation points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks10 View Post
Is there any way to reload the old site? The one that worked? Gosh, this had made for an awful day.
I found this the other day during a 3 hour search for documents. Once I used this link I found rthe doc in about 35 seconds.

https://origin-support.avaya.com/css...public/support