Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Office Contact Center

Old 06-10-2015, 06:13 AM

lee540 has 10 reputation points
Default Few IPOCC issues

Some issues encountered :

1. Delay of around 5 seconds when call routed from topic to IVR. E.g. call topic->Announcement in topic -> delay 5 sec of silence (not set anywhere) -> IVR... announcement for dtmf option.
Question : anywhere these 5 sec delay can be eliminated?

2. Call comes in to topic, Welcome Announcement (thank you for calling company ABC, please hold for our next available agent...) -> check for available agent -> if yes, ring at agent -> if NO, loop the call for 60 second in queue (if no free agent) and route to IVR for option to leave message, back to queue if caller want to wait.
The (c.WaitTotal%60)>59 is used for the looping.
However, the "c.waitTotal" will includes the announcement time in the topic and also in the IVR, even those are set as "Welcome Announcement".
End result : caller may routed to IVR even they are in queue for less then 60 sec. depending on the length of those announcements.
Question : How to make sure the caller is in queue and listen to music on hold for exactly 60 sec?

3. Related to issue #2 above... historical report on agent group performance. I need to run a report to show the percentage (or total number) of calls that are answered within 15 sec in queue or ring at agent station. Based on "totNConvWait<=N", the counter will always includes the announcement time in topic and IVR (both set as "Welcome Announcement"). Tried TFS also giving the same result.
End result : the performance will never hit the target of call answered within 15 sec in queue or ring at agent.

Wonder anyone have any suggestions for the above. Thanks.

//apologize for the long scenarios
Old 06-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Genius

oiduran has 22 reputation pointsoiduran has 22 reputation points

What's the version IPOCC? and the firmware IP Office?

We have several issues with IPOCC 9.0.3
Old 06-11-2015, 12:55 AM

IPO 9.1 SP1
IPOCC 9.1 with Critical Patch installed.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:11 PM

teodo2 has 10 reputation points
Default Regarding 1. Delay of 5 seconds. I also have this EXACT same issue. Just opened Tickt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee540 View Post
Some issues encountered :

1. Delay of around 5 seconds when call routed from topic to IVR. E.g. call topic->Announcement in topic -> delay 5 sec of silence (not set anywhere) -> IVR... announcement for dtmf option.
Question : anywhere these 5 sec delay can be eliminated?

2. Call comes in to topic, Welcome Announcement (thank you for calling company ABC, please hold for our next available agent...) -> check for available agent -> if yes, ring at agent -> if NO, loop the call for 60 second in queue (if no free agent) and route to IVR for option to leave message, back to queue if caller want to wait.
The (c.WaitTotal%60)>59 is used for the looping.
However, the "c.waitTotal" will includes the announcement time in the topic and also in the IVR, even those are set as "Welcome Announcement".
End result : caller may routed to IVR even they are in queue for less then 60 sec. depending on the length of those announcements.
Question : How to make sure the caller is in queue and listen to music on hold for exactly 60 sec?

3. Related to issue #2 above... historical report on agent group performance. I need to run a report to show the percentage (or total number) of calls that are answered within 15 sec in queue or ring at agent station. Based on "totNConvWait<=N", the counter will always includes the announcement time in topic and IVR (both set as "Welcome Announcement"). Tried TFS also giving the same result.
End result : the performance will never hit the target of call answered within 15 sec in queue or ring at agent.

Wonder anyone have any suggestions for the above. Thanks.

//apologize for the long scenarios

Hi!
I have the exact same issue on an IPOCC running IPOCC9.1.0.2204.1512
Originally I had 5-6 seconds of silence but then moved my Greeting from IVR to TASKFLOW so you hear greeting quickly now but then when passed to IVR its 5-6 seconds of silence before Announcement in first menu.

At least we know its not just "one" system now. If you wish your AVAYA support people to know, my new ticket is 1-9203024491

Neil Teodorovic
Lead Technical and Presales Engineer
Mobile: +61 488 075 755
Support: 1300 943 199
E-mail: neil.teo@ccna.com.au
Converged Communication Network Applications Pty Ltd
Web: www.ccna.com.au
Old 08-06-2015, 01:16 AM

So far I noticed, if there is a "Logic" before the IVR, the delay will be there. Once I remove the "logic" component, the announcement flows smoothly from Taskflow to IVR. Hope that help in your scenario.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:39 PM

Default I tried removing logic

I tried removing logic before and it still has 5-6 seconds between GREETING in Taskflow and Menu Choices in IVR...

Neil
Old 08-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Guru

marquardt has 14 reputation pointsmarquardt has 14 reputation points
Default To analyze the behavior the development needs

To analyze the behavior the development needs the trace logs of:

- chap (folder IPO)
- Voice Control (folder IVR)

For voice control mark the following categories in TTrace:

VC_CHAP
VC_CHAP_Interface
VC_TSE
VC_TSE_interface
VC_VUS

Then record the case (call to topic....). You can alos use global separators to identifiy.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:36 AM

Default I fixed my 5-6 second delay

I had my TASKFLOW play an Announcement when call arrived, but then it took 5-6 seconds to play Menu Choices in the IVR.

Turns out I had IPV6 Enabled on my NIC PORT. So I "Unticked it" and also disable another unconnected NIC port, anyway "restarted IPOCC watchdog" and now there is only a 2 second delay (which going by Avaya R&D is normal) and besides not that bad.

So that was the fix. I suggested they update the doco InstallationTaskBasedGuideIssue1.03 to not only mention this in the "Deploying an OVA" but also the in "Server Prep" area for people installing on physical servers.

Neil Teodorovic
Lead Technical and Presales Engineer
Mobile: +61 488 075 755
Support: 1300 943 199
E-mail: neil.teo@ccna.com.au
Converged Communication Network Applications Pty Ltd
Web: www.ccna.com.au