Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 03-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Aspiring Member

rrichu has 10 reputation points
Default Can't upgrade

We put 6.1(504) on a new IP500V2 out of the box (it was at 6.0(8). We also loaded licenses and started to program the box. Then I noticed there was a 6.1(12) version. We downloaded that and tried to do an upgrade to that version. When we try to do the upgrade it says it failed. No reason given. I read someplace that you can upgrade to the latest version provided the 90 days clock did not expire. It has only been less than 1 day. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I misinterpret the 90 day thing.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Whiz

ista6 has 10 reputation points

You are right about the 90 days.
Do you have the working directory pointing to the right folder?
What password do you use for upgrading?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Legend

markgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation points

Don't take this the wrong way but 99 out of 100 times upgrade failure is a password issue. The password for the Upgrade Wizard is different from the one used for system configuration. By default it is 'password'. The Upgrade Wizard responds "Upgrade failed" for just about ever scenario and that includes incorrect password.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 PM

westenfelder has 10 reputation points

We had something similar from 6.1.504 up to 6.1.12 and had to downgrade before it took the upgrade.
Try to downgrade to 6.1 GA release and then back up to 6.1.12
the password is password if it is default btw
Old 04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Guru

pdgavin has 10 reputation points
Default Can't upgrade.

The fact that it is more than 90 days should not make a difference. You should be able to upgrade even if it has been a year. The license does not allow you to upgrade, it is a run time license, it allows the system to function once it has been upgraded but the lack of a license will not stop you from upgrading. Once it has been upgraded if it is past the first 90 days and you do not have the appropriate license it will prevent the trunks and the phones from working but it will not prevent you from upgrading. Either your password is wrong or your working directory is incorrect or you have a firewall issues or something else preventing the bin files from being received properly. Since this is an IP500v2 you could upgrade the SD card on the Manger PC. It is much quicker and probably less likely to fail.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 AM
Aspiring Member

jfparra has 10 reputation points
Default urgent help!!

i'm trying to upgrade an IP Office 500 V2 but when i write the default password not match , what can i do?. exists a process to reset the system password?
thanks

Tags
upgrade ip500v2