Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Telephony and Convergence

Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 AM

bala27 has 10 reputation points
Default Not able to make external calls in only 7 phones

Issue Description – Not able to make external calls from 7 phones.

Action taken -
· Removed the extn and duplicated with working extn – not worked.
· Working phone plugged in the non working line - Worked
· Non working phone connected to good line – Not worked
· Given non working extn to working phone – Not worked.
· Tried to overwrite the extn backup script but I was unable to overwrite, since the extn was not looking for the backup script.
· Unplugged the phone and extn is showing in service in the PBX. (This was really strange)
· From the switch I was able to reach TFTP server without any packet loss.
· From the phone to switch I was able to reach with 20-30% packet loss. The end to end connectivity is up. But there is huge packet loss.
· After the investigation we found the problem is with Phone script file. So we need to create the new phone script file.
· The phone behavior is strange and unable to reach TFTP server to upload the firmware. Changing the cable and the port not helped.
· When we remove the cable of the phone, I can still ring up the phone and the status shows in-services
Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Hot Shot

sg has 10 reputation points

Hi,

> For problems with external calls, I would suggest you to take a list trace/MST to see if there is any denial event or from where the disc comes from.
> For phone status issues, check by changing the following parameters.
Service Link Mode to "Permanant" in the station form.
Near End Establishes TCP Signaling Socket to "Yes" in the ip-network-region form.
> If still the same issue, remove one station, add another one and then add the station which is removed. This way we can make sure that this station is getting a different UID.

If still issues, I would suggest you to open a case with the Avaya backbone team.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 AM

Tried those options , but still no go..
Please let me know if there are any other options...

Thanks
Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 AM

There was a problem with 29series of the extension. Where all 29 series extn going out of the PBX will be having the problem.(Service provider is a allow 29series).

As a workaround. We did a change in public unknown numbering where all 29 series will be converted to 27 series…

We logged a case with service provider to allow the 29 series.