Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Aura & Unified Communications

Old 05-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Hot Shot

viettq has 10 reputation points
Unhappy Cannot ping or telnet servirce port on S8300D media server

Dear all,
I try to telnet or ping the service for new installation on S8300D (install System Platform). but it cannot.
I setup the configuration as the guide:
  • Laptop IP Address: 192.11.13.5
  • Netmask: 255.255.255.252
  • Default gw: 192.11.13.6
  • Cable: crossover cable (I also tried an straight-cable).
Any one has faced this problem before? Pleas kindly help me.

Many thanks,
Kevin
Old 05-12-2015, 06:44 AM
Legend

mlombardi1 has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmlombardi1 has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmlombardi1 has 25 to 49 reputation points

I've seen this many times when trying to provision a new S8300. Sometimes the server does not boot from the external CD/DVD source connected via USB. If you're trying to boot from a factory pressed Avaya DVD, try a burned copy instead. You can download the ISOs from PLDS. I've had bad luck with factory media.

Problem could also be the media drive. I keep two on-hand as S8300s are picky about what USB drives they'll work with.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Hot Shot

Tks you your help. I tried another copy from Plds but it is not work.
Do you think about cable problem? What is the speed, half/ full duplex? Crossover or straight, cat5 or cat6 or cat5e?

Any shared from you will appreciate to me.

Many thanks, Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlombardi1 View Post
I've seen this many times when trying to provision a new S8300. Sometimes the server does not boot from the external CD/DVD source connected via USB. If you're trying to boot from a factory pressed Avaya DVD, try a burned copy instead. You can download the ISOs from PLDS. I've had bad luck with factory media.

Problem could also be the media drive. I keep two on-hand as S8300s are picky about what USB drives they'll work with.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Legend

mlombardi1 has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmlombardi1 has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmlombardi1 has 25 to 49 reputation points

Duplex should be ok. If you get the same result with two cables and discs, problem points to the media drive. Can you hear it spin up? S8300 must boot off the drive for the services port to be pingable.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Hot Shot

Yes I can hear it spin up. You think this issue is come from driver or CD Rom?

[QsUOTE=mlombardi1;17009]Duplex should be ok. If you get the same result with two cables and discs, problem points to the media drive. Can you hear it spin up? S8300 must boot off the drive for the services port to be pingable.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Legend

Sounds like it. Try a different USB port on the S8300. Also, try changing your subnet mask to a /24 for good measure.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Hot Shot

Tried to change to subnet mask 24 but nothing happen, the ip I unreachable.
I tried to switch usb1, usb2, usb3 but it still not work.
Do we need I plug the driver for the new installing system platform? Is this required?
I just want to ping the servic port firstly?
Old 05-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Legend

I'd try a different USB drive. Also, make sure you're connected to the services and USB port on the S8300, not the G430 gateway.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:30 AM
Guru

richa164 has 23 reputation pointsricha164 has 23 reputation points

This to me sounds like you are installing system platform and using a windows 7/8 laptop , if that is the case check out the below link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXYzL6iINzE
Old 05-19-2015, 11:51 AM

rtrind has 10 reputation points

Quote:
Originally Posted by viettq View Post
Tried to change to subnet mask 24 but nothing happen, the ip I unreachable.
I tried to switch usb1, usb2, usb3 but it still not work.
Do we need I plug the driver for the new installing system platform? Is this required?
I just want to ping the servic port firstly?

Hi viettq,

Have you tried to ping something else on a different Subnet/network, maybe you have a Firewall or something Blocking ICMP and Telnet traffic on your PC?!