Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Messaging

Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 AM

harri301 has 11 reputation points
Default Partner VM - Transfer Direct to Ext. Mailbox from Autoattendant?

I'm having a tough time trying to figure this out. After hours when someone calls our store the auto-attendant will pick up and play a message stating our business hours, etc. What I am trying to do is if the person calling is a particular type of customer, they push 1 and record a message directly to one of our extension's mail boxes. I know that they can push a number and be sent to that extension but I want it to go directly to the mailbox, not ring the extension first.

How do I get that set up because I'm having trouble figuring it out from the documentation. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

Some of the voicemail systems for the Partner system have that feature, some do not. When you press Intercom 777, what exactly do you hear?

Welcome to Partner Mail......?
Welcome to Partner Mail VS......?
Welcome to Partner Messaging.......?
Welcome to Partner Voice Messaging.....?

Post back what you have.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM

"Welcome to Partner Voice Messaging..."
Old 07-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

Well, Partner Voice Messaging is a small PCMCIA card that is installed directly in the Partner ACS processor, and unfortunately it doesn't have the feature of transferring calls directly to a mailbox without ringing the extension first. You could lower the VMS Coverage Rings for the extension that they are transferring to, so that would minimize the number of ring before the mailbox answers.

Otherwise, do you use the auto attendant features? Do callers transfer anywhere else, or just get the store information and leave messages in this one mailbox? You could just route the incoming calls directly to the mailbox instead of the auto attendant. The call rings in, the mailbox answers, plays the outgoing message that includes the store information, and then it beeps and allows the caller to leave a message.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 AM

The only team we use autoattendant is when we're closed and it answers when no one is here to pick up the phone.

That's okay if it rings the phone first. No one is here to be annoyed by it anyway, just wondered if I could skip it.

Now I just need to figure out how to set it up so that when Button 1 is pushed it sends the call to a specific extension.

Thank you for your information and help!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Genius

Log into mailbox 0 (the Administrator mailbox), press 4 for Selector Code assignments, press 1 for selector code number 1, then dial the extension number you want it to transfer to and then press #.

Remember that this will prevent callers from dialing extension number from 10 through 19 directly from the automated attendant.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:19 PM

You truly are a Guru. Thanks again!