Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Aura & Unified Communications

Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Whiz

maxvasquezcacho has 11 reputation points
Default Communication manager messaging problems

Hi guys:

I have some problems with CMM messaging. I have a CM in a S8300D. I configured and everything went well, but when I call to the 5100 (hunt grouo number for the CMM) I can hear the classic voice welcome Audix blah blah, but then at the range from 10 seconds to 40 the call drops. Then I tried to call again and I get busy tone. I need to wait a couple of seconds more and try again and I can hear the greeting again, but the call again drops in the 10th second.

I installed the SP 2 for the CMM, but the problem didn't solve.

Please help me.

I apologize for my english, I'm not a native speaker.

Regards
Old 05-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Whiz

maxvasquezcacho has 11 reputation points

Also, I'm not sure if I need H.323 license in order to get this work.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Whiz

rvengco has 10 reputation points

Hi maxvasquezcacho,

Are you on CMM version 5.2.1 or CMM6.X? You need H.323 license in order for you to connect/configure the CM and CMM via H.323 trunk (eg.Maximum Administered H.323 Trunks)
You can verify the configurtation and requirements on the below implementation document for CMM
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100171706

I believe you have enough H.323 license since you mentioned that you were able to call Audix/CMM in the first place and you hear the greetings only that it drops after 10 to 40 seconds.

Please make sure that the "Calls Share IP Signaling Connection" parameter in your signalling group used for the CMM is set to y.

Also make sure that your trunk members are on "in-service/idle" then make a list trace on the tac used for the CMM trunk. What do you see on the trace when you make the call? Do you see a denial event (e.g denial event 1220 Recovery on timer expiry?)?

Also double check your mediagateway, for example you are using G450, login to the G450 and do command "show faults" and "show voip-dsp" and verify if you see some errors. if none, please make sure that your mediagateway firmware is upgraded to the latest version depending on you CM version. You can check in the support site which is the latest medigateway firmware if it's compatible with your CM version.

Hope this helps