Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Telephony and Convergence

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2018, 06:37 AM
under19 under19 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 7
under19 has 11 reputation points
Default Incoming Call Routes / SIP issues

Hello all,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to assist me, I really appreciate it!

I am having an issue with a customer who has ~50 users and wants the sales personnel to have their DID show as Caller ID on external calls(607 111 2222 / 607 111 2223 / etc), while having all of the rest of the employees show the main number(607 111 1111).

SIP service with 2 configured SIP URI channels (See attachments)

The issue I am running into is that if a users "SIP," tab is configured to use the main number (607 111 1111) then their DID that is assigned to an ICR will not work... So if somebody calls in trying to use that users DID to reach them directly, they just get a fast busy. I am trying to do this because I want most users to show the lead number instead of their DID when making outbound calls.

But as soon as I change the user "SIP," tab information back to their corresponding DID, it will work fine. This is great for the sales personnel but we want to show the main number for the rest of the employees... Not DIDs for everyone. The issue we are running into with this is if i leave a users "SIP," tab default with their extension and name then the extension will show up on the remote parties Caller ID

For example if I configure it that way for extension 242 then the remote party will see (+1242) on the caller ID, instead of a real full number.

I am assuming there is some authentication type issues somewhere corresponding to the individual users "SIP," configuration and the ICR? Not sure though...

I have tried to search other treads for similar issues but have not found quite the same issue unfortunately.

I have tried to replicate this on my system here (R10 | Customer is on R9.1.12) and it just works like I would expect it to and I dont have any issues.

If you need more information or a better explanation please feel free to ask, and any advice I am thankful for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ICR config.jpg (39.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg SIP URI Config.jpg (21.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg User SIP config.jpg (19.6 KB, 77 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt ICR not working_No#.txt (19.5 KB, 23 views)

icr, ip office, r10, r9.1, sip

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.

This Forum is provided solely for the use and convenience of Avaya customers and partners. Use of the Forum is subject to the Terms and Use and Privacy Statement found at www.avaya.com. No other use is permitted. The Forum including all content posted is “AS IS” and Avaya expressly disclaims all warranties and/or guarantees as to its accuracy, reliability, usefulness, quality or non-infringement of intellectual property. Avaya reserves the right to remove any content posted on the Forum at any time and for whatever reason.

Avaya will not be liable for any content posted on this Forum, including, without limitation, any errors or omissions or for any losses or damages of any kind incurred as a result of use or reliance on any content, regardless of its origin.

You expressly understand and agree that you assume all risks associated with use or reliance on this content.