Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 08-10-2017, 07:04 AM

grube11 has 10 reputation points
Default 9 prefix and affects on calling extensions

All,

I have been working a client who wishes to not use a "9" prefix when dialing outbound calls. After some research I have found several versions. I have tried the technique listed here (https://support.avaya.com/forums/sho...ternal+calling) using short codes in User Rights and had success.

However I have noticed interesting side effect. If I have extension that matches the first 3 digits of a local exchange. For example calling the seven digit outside line 725xxxx, the system will automatically deliver the call to extension "725" not waiting for the next four digits.
Also this technique limits the extension number quantity to 138 total and limits the number scheme range.

My question is how do I resolve removing the "9" prefix and prevent the system from immediately delivering the calls to an extension that matches the outbound call digits after the third digit is entered?

The system is IPO 9.1.7

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

This advice came from Avaya pre-sales support engineering, put it in place on a recent system, and it works great.

To setup the IP Office for NA to match the rest of the world and eliminate the 9 prefix to get out:

First change the default 9N / N / Dial short code to ? / . / Dial

Next change at least the Dial Delay Count to one greater than the number of digits in their dial plan, for example if they have 3 digit extensions set the Dial Delay Count to 4 if they have 4 digits set it to 5 ... You can also change the Dial Delay Time from 4 to 1 or maybe 2 seconds. This second field is how long it will wait before they dial the digits.

You may also wish to add 9911 and 911 as system short codes since you will be eliminating the 9N short code 9911 would not work but if you add 9911 as a system short code it would. 911 would continue to work but by adding the 911 short code it would speed that one up.

You can also speed things up by changing the short codes in the ARS table.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:24 AM

grube11 has 10 reputation points

Tested perfectly. I did notice that the Dial Delay Time count starts on the entry of the first digit, therefore any pause(s) after the first digit entered allowed the system start looking for short codes or extensions. If I entered "7" then waited more than four seconds; next entered the remaining two digits "2 and 5", the system would immediately direct the call to the extension. I will use "Enbloc Dial" to work around slower users.

I also noticed when I entered more than 3 and less than 7 total digits, I would not get the error tone. It would just wait for me to drop the call.

Thanks!!!