Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Enterprise PBX Communications Systems

Old 12-18-2014, 02:25 AM

danal has 10 reputation points
Default Avaya G3siV12 R012 with PMS Interface

Hi to all,

We are operating an Avaya G3siV12 PBX in Hotel with Interface with Micros-Fidelio PMS.

We are using for CDR (call accounting) COM1 on a PC running the Micros-Fidelio application and COM2 to communicate with the 8400b Data-Module for the bi-directional (check-in line-on/off, room status, Guest caller-ID name).

Call accounting works perfectly !

The bi-directional Interface doesn't work.

I looked up on several other forums and downloaded Avaya PDF files to set up the 8400 modem with the following commands :

at&f (the OK prompt displays)
ats24=1 (the OK prompt displays)
at&c1&d2&s1s0=1 (the OK prompt displays)
ate0q1&w0&y0&v

I get a constant red light on the 8400 (idle).

The Micros-fidelio Interface application shows all Green (communicating) but when it transmits information to the 8400 Data-Module the information is "mirrored" back and no information is transmitted.

On the commands on the Avaya :

status pms
Physical link : down
Protocol state : down

I tried :

busy pms
release pms
test pms
PMS-LINK 215 FAIL

I also checked :

status data-module 771
Service State : in-service/idle
Maintenance Busy? no

And the setting seem right :

change system-parameters hospitality

PMS Link Parameters
PMS protocol Mode : transparent ASCII Mode : N

I have tried many different settings but nothing works.
The support on Micros-Fidelio says they have done everything right.

Any ideas ?

Many Thanks !
Old 12-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Guru

richa164 has 23 reputation pointsricha164 has 23 reputation points

have a look at this

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1436383
Old 01-05-2015, 03:03 AM

danal has 10 reputation points

Thank you for the tip !!

I looked carefully at the link you provided. The Fail code 215 based on the link is for CDR. In my case I am trying to problem solve the PMS.
The CDR works great via EIA port (serial port COM 1 on PC).

I am trying to solve the problem with DTM (Data Module 771 in my case) connected to serial port COM 2 on PC.

I also checked and found out that my Avaya is setup with "display system-parameters offer-customer" is set to A (instead of B) than all the manuals state.

I checked and found out that B is a sub-set of hospitality functions of A (which I assume offers all the functionality), so this shouldn't be a problem right ?

I also checked that Hospitality is activated and extended Hospitality is also set to "yes"

Any further ideas ?

Thanks !