Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 04-06-2012, 08:23 AM

gbaldwin has 10 reputation points
Default Manual for Avaya Small Office switch

Hi
I am an IT guy and only know a little about Avaya phone systems.
I have just taken on a new client who is experiencing some issues with an Avaya Small Office system.
This is a white/Grey unit rather than the black units under that name on the Avaya website.
Anyone know where I can download a user guide / Manual for this unit?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Legend

ista4 has 12 reputation points

You can find them on the support site.
Go to the search field and search for IP Office implementation.
But you talk about the black units which are the old alchemy units.
You really should takes some courses or you will have problems.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Thanks for the input Ista4, But That site is a maze unless you really know what you are looking for!
At the moment I'm just getting background Information on this system A few years ago I was involved in managing a similar unit but like I say - a few years ago.
Can anyone tell me the model number of the unit in the Phoro - that would help me in my search.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Legend

ista4 has 12 reputation points

It looks like a 401ng (new generation) but it could also be an old 401
Does it have DT or DS ports on it (what type of digital phone can help too)
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Thanks ISTA4.
I checked that out on the Avaya site and it looks like what I have is an IP Office Small Office Edition - the successor to the 401.

I had a quick look at the switch when I was in the office (I only get to be there physically infrequently) so, I know that the LAN lines are going to a Patch panel into which the telephones are also connected.
I am trying to figure out whether this unit is using ISDN, VoIP, PSTN or a combination.
But I cannot recall where the WAN line goes - or why?
I assume the Analogue connection is a standard PSTN line?

What the heck is POTS (Plain Old Telphone System I know) conected to?
At the moment I do not have access to the switch over the network as I do not know its IP address and whether the admin username/password have been changed from Administrator/Administrator. Alas, neither do I have the admin usrname/password for the router!

Will the Avaya manager softawre that I vaguely remember 'find' the switch on the network? Can I tell from what I can see physically what version of software is running on the switch?