Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Telephony and Convergence

Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 PM

ylabonte has 10 reputation points
Default Sip Line Gateway on CS1000E network

Looking into installing a new Sip Line Gateway server (CPPM) in a CS1000E environnment all at release 6, in order to be able to use SIP softphones and connect to our CS1000 network.

Anyone tried to do this ? Do I need to dedicate a CS1000 exclusively to the Sip Line Gateway service ?

Or can I add the SLG service (if included in the pkg of course) to an existing IP node ?

What I don't understand is that you can't deploy Element Manager on your dedicated CPPM for SLG, but you have to use EM (from any CS1K ?) to configure SLG, so are you supposed to add Sip Line to an existing node or what ?

Thanks for any help.

Yves
Old 08-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Brainiac

rcentella has 10 reputation points
Default Nortel Communication Server 1000 New in this Release Release: 6.0

SIP Line support on CP PM Co-res CS and SS Server
To enable SIPL on the CP PM Co-res CS and SS Server, the latest
Service Pack (SP) must be loaded and put in service after deploying all
the Nortel applications (such as CS, SS, EM, or NRS). The SP allows
you to enable and configure the SIPL feature from the Element Manager

(EM). For information about downloading and applying an SP, see
Patchng
Fundamentals,

(NN43001-407)
You must configure SIP Line on the CP PM Co-res CS and SS Server to
enable SIP Line service.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 AM

Default Node Sync

Thank you for the answer.

The problem I am stuck with is the Node sync, my SLG CPPM is installed and joined to the UCM as a member server, patches, individuals and SP installed as well, both on the SLG and on the CPPM CoRes.

So I builded a new Node from the Element Manager of the CoRes system, and added the SLG CPPM as the associated signaling server to this Node. That's how far I can go, the Node won't synchronize from the EM window (failed, unable to connect to server).

I am looking at the DNS side today, in case it's a hostname issue. I already checked the token transfert and it looks ok, did a regenerate token as well. I don't know if disabling transfers secure would help, I going to try this as well.

Were you able to do something similar to this ?

Yves
Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Brainiac

rcentella has 10 reputation points

No, you must create a single node and include '

SIP Lines
LTPS
Virtual trunk gateway
PD
I send you three screens attached

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/120043604...6749a01ec21140
Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Hot Shot

fan1 has 10 reputation points

SIP Line Gateway and (SLG) and Signaling Server application (SSG) can be deployed into the same Linux Base server since Rel 6.0 with latest vtrk patch. In this config, only one node should be configured in EM , on CS only one DCH needed to created (remember 1 DCH can be only assoicated with 1 node) ,but 2 different route (one for SLG and the other for SSG).But in this config, SSG will use port 5060, so SLG need to use some other port (default is 5070). If you decided to deploy SLG application to a dedicated Linux Server, another node should be created with SLG application enabled. In Rel 6.0, SLG is a separated application but in Rel 7.0/7.5 SLG is integrated into SS application. Node Synchronization failure is a common issue . The reason could be diversified , please please take the following troubleshooting step:

1. Ensure the SLG Linux Server has jointed to the UCM Security domain as a member server
2. Ensure the CS is jointed to UCM Security domain
3..Ensure in SLG, you can ping Call Server ELAN IP address or vice versa(in Call Server, you can ping SLG ELAN IP)

The logic is the Node is created in EM ,first save will put the 2 node files(bootp.tab and config.ini) to CS in /u/db/node, then sychronize the 2 files via SFTP from CS to SLG, you can check the log in SLG /var/log/nortel/ss_common.log for more details.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan1 View Post
SIP Line Gateway and (SLG) and Signaling Server application (SSG) can be deployed into the same Linux Base server since Rel 6.0 with latest vtrk patch. In this config, only one node should be configured in EM , on CS only one DCH needed to created (remember 1 DCH can be only assoicated with 1 node) ,but 2 different route (one for SLG and the other for SSG).But in this config, SSG will use port 5060, so SLG need to use some other port (default is 5070). If you decided to deploy SLG application to a dedicated Linux Server, another node should be created with SLG application enabled. In Rel 6.0, SLG is a separated application but in Rel 7.0/7.5 SLG is integrated into SS application. Node Synchronization failure is a common issue . The reason could be diversified , please please take the following troubleshooting step:

1. Ensure the SLG Linux Server has jointed to the UCM Security domain as a member server
2. Ensure the CS is jointed to UCM Security domain
3..Ensure in SLG, you can ping Call Server ELAN IP address or vice versa(in Call Server, you can ping SLG ELAN IP)

The logic is the Node is created in EM ,first save will put the 2 node files(bootp.tab and config.ini) to CS in /u/db/node, then sychronize the 2 files via SFTP from CS to SLG, you can check the log in SLG /var/log/nortel/ss_common.log for more details.

Hey thanks for all those details, last test I did was to deploy LTPS only on that separate Linux CPPM and try a Node sync on this SS, "unable to connect to server" again as a result.

Of course I made sure it was joined to the UCM as a member server, as well as the CS is, and I can ping ELAN and TLAN no problems. I have an issue somewhere with my connectivity, I'm going to look again closely at the network and DNS side.

Thanks a lot for your help, will let you know how it goes.

Yves
Old 08-24-2011, 02:10 PM

Hello, did you say you attached screen shots ? how do you download them ?

Yves