Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Networking Products

Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Aspiring Member

rjavier has 10 reputation points
Default ERS2500 Hardware error ---- Tucana MMU DRAM CG0.M0 CRC error----

Im having problem with my ers2500 switches which encountering this error show whenever you connect to the console.

Tucana MMU DRAM CG0.M0 CRC error at 0x00005381
Tucana MMU DRAM CG0.M0 CRC error at 0x00005380
Tucana MMU DRAM CG0.M0 CRC error at 0x000053fb
Tucana MMU DRAM CG0.M0 CRC error at 0x000053f9
Tucana MMU DRAM CG0.M0 CRC error at 0x000053f8
Tucana MMU DRAM CG0.M0 CRC error at 0x000053f7

Once this occurs I will receive excessive timeouts when I ping the switch IP and will receive complaints from users that the application are having problems.
When I reboot the switch I see this error.
Test ROM Config - PASSED
Test FANs - PASSED
Test BCM565X Registers - PASSED
Test PHY Registers - PASSED
Test Internal Loopback - FAILED
Loopback error bitmap 19DBCD00000

Is this some hardware problem known to ers2500 because Im having more than 10 switches encountered this problem and in just two weeks I have 4 switches having this problem as well? Im worried that this might happen to the rest of my ers2500...
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Aspiring Member

rchikaza has 10 reputation points

My customer encountered same issue reported above after 1.5 years since installation and it is very high failure rate by now. ( more than 20% : 24 out of 120 units)
I have been working with Quality engineer on this matter and found two h/w failures so far.
1) SDRAM (Samsung) on mother board
Conducted investigation with Samsung and its result was "random failure"

2) Capacitors (Taepo)
Many of capacitors found as defective (distended) and conducted further investigation with Taepo and its test result was "influenced under heat environment for long period of time".
We still have not identified the root cause yet as we have not shipped out many defective units for analysis yet.
I suggest to perform GCIP these defective units so that it will help quicker root cause finding.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Aspiring Member

dthomps has 10 reputation points

I have experienced this failure as well, I RMA the units
Old 11-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Aspiring Member

sfincher has 10 reputation points
Default Senior PLM (ERS2500)

Hi Folks, we are aware of the "loopback failure" issue and although there has been some pockets of failures, this is not a widespread issue affecting large numbers of ERS2500 series switches. Please continue to raise RMA's and if any escallation of failures occur, contact me directly via email: sfincher@avaya.com
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Aspiring Member

dclaesson has 10 reputation points

Is´t any way to remotly find these units ?
It´s a big problem to restart all switches on site.

Thanks
/Dan

Tags
ers2500, hardware, test internal loopback, tucana