Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Telephony and Convergence

Old 11-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Hot Shot

kieranb has 10 reputation points

I will try the command tomorrow and post my result. I could also then try to reinstall in that order. after install switch server off then put drive in and then initialise
Old 11-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Hot Shot

I am currently 100% that it is installed on the correct smaller drive. What should the second drive be mounted as /
or / name?
Old 11-23-2015, 11:47 PM
Legend

markgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation points
Angry

Kieranb,

Please do not attach additional posts on this subject to existing threads on other unrelated subjects. It just adds confusion to the question and answers within those threads.

If you feel that you question isn't getting sufficient attention or that the existing thread has become too confusing then starting a new thread is okay, hijacking other threads is not okay.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Hot Shot

Old 11-24-2015, 08:15 AM
Genius

zakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation points

I would try installing the OS one more time with the 500GB drive out, once everything is setup put it back in and then try to add it as additional storage.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Hot Shot

Hi zakabog,

Ill try installing OS without additional hdd. My only concern is the Avaya OS web application will continue to try an set the main sda drive.

Ill let you know
Old 11-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Hot Shot

Sorry Markgallagher,

I wasent aware I hijacked another thread.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Legend

markgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation points

You may have mis-posted by mistake (we've all done that).

Officially adding the additional hard-disk post install is not supported (I've never seen an explanation why). That said, I done it several times.

Add the additional disk and make sure it is recognised in the bios. Start the server and use the graphic desktop (startx) to select Applications | System Tools | System Drive (if I recall correctly) from where you can select and format the new drive (this route seems to format it with the volume permissions needed for the SE software to see it, it won't see a pre-formatted elsewhere disk). The drive should then appear in the additional hardware section of the servers web control menus (platform view) where you can partition it if needed and set the base mount path.

The only difference in your scenario are the raid settings, sorry not much experience there.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Legend

You may have mis-posted in the wrong thread by mistake (we've all done that).

Officially adding the additional hard-disk post install is not supported (I've never seen an explanation why). That said, I done it several times.

Add the additional disk and make sure it is recognised in the bios. Start the server and use the graphic desktop (startx) to select Applications | System Tools | System Drive (if I recall correctly) from where you can select and format the new drive (this route seems to format it with the volume permissions needed for the SE software to see it, it won't see a pre-formatted elsewhere disk). The drive should then appear in the additional hardware section of the servers web control menus (platform view) where you can partition it if needed and set the base mount path.

The only difference in your scenario are the raid settings, sorry not much experience there.