Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 08-06-2015, 11:50 PM

gburna has 10 reputation points

The IP500 is a version one, which has a CF card installed. While no one has been able to tell me exactly what is stored on the CF card, it is my belief that the card is starting to deteriorate, leading to a data loss. Unfortunately, no one can tell me how or where to get a replacement card. I was told that the card is unique and a standard CF card can't be used as a replacement. Can anyone verify this? Can anyone tell me how to create a new card?
Thanks
Old 08-07-2015, 12:31 AM
Legend

markgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation points

The card, if it is an Avaya supplied one, is potentially the storage for your voicemail. You need to look in the IP Office configuration to see if it is set to use Embedded Voicemail as its Voicemail type. If it is then yes, the cards have a hidden unique identifier so do not reformat or delete all files.

It can also be used to store files for other purpose including the files used by IP phones so that may be a fact. The answer would lie in the checking if the TFTP Server IP Address and HTTP Server IP Address settings in the system are set to the IP Office system's own address. If that is the case, then when the phones as the system for files it uses the CF card as the source.

Knowing those two values will tell us a lot (they are included in the DHCP info that the IP Office sends to the phones if it is the IP Office that is providing their IP address (You still haven't answered how you are managing two DHCP servers on one network!)).
Old 08-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Genius

zakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation points

havel3, gburna asked what was stored on the CF card and how he can tell which version IP Office he has, so I explained what the memory card is for on both models and explained that he has a 500v1.

Also, gburna, your system would work if you removed the CF card, only voicemail would stop working so it has nothing to do with the issues you're experiencing with your phones.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:02 AM

The call server points to the IP500, the file server points to the computer with manager installed. I have tried pointing to just the call server for both call and file in the non-working phones, but that changed nothing in their response.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:05 AM

The manager has a check box option to DHCP only for Avaya phones, which currently is checked. How does the unit know which MAC's are Avaya MAC's?

Yes, they have embedded voice mail.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Guru

havel3 has 15 reputation pointshavel3 has 15 reputation points

@zakabog, sorry I missed that but isn't is easier to look in System Status, it holds all the info on one screen.
MAC addresses are registered and distributed like IP Addresses so you can do a MAC lookup on the internet, the first three bytes represents the vendor part: http://www.adminsub.net/mac-address-finder/avaya

You also can do a search on 001b only, then you get the full list of vendors, Avaya owns 001B4Fxxxxxx

Last edited by havel3; 08-07-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:51 AM
Whiz

claud4 has 11 reputation points

If there is no VLAN , and there is a firewall ( specially Sonicwall ) , we have faced various DHCP problems . In such situation you better you try with static IPs on phones , or create VLANs .
Old 08-08-2015, 04:54 AM
Guru

havel3 has 15 reputation pointshavel3 has 15 reputation points

We aquired a company were all installs are like this problem one and I am in the process in migrating them to use VLANs&QoS with a single DHCP server.
Although they seem to work well with a dual DHCP it is just against my IT knowledge.
If you have two presentations at the same time you use separate rooms for them and you don't put them together in a single room.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

When you create a VLAN for voice, you put the option 176 and 242 strings into the DHCP server for the Data network. The phones request an address from the DATA network, which tells them which VLAN to switch to, and the address of the Call Server (IP Office) and the File Server (PC running Manager/IP Office/custom file server). The phone reboots, knows which VLAN to switch to, and again asks for an IP address, but this time the IP Office (which is connected to a port with its PVID set to the Voice network) responds with an address. The phone then requests its setting files, and boots up.