Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Aura & Unified Communications

Old 06-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Hot Shot

eyerh66 has 10 reputation points
Default One X-Communicator Issue

I have a user that works remotely (my first go at setting up a remote worker!) and we set him up with One X-Communicator. I have One X on my own work station and have no issue connecting/using it.

My remote user set it up on his home laptop and it initially worked fine. He connects through our VPN and then logs into the One X. The problem is that more recently he is having connection issues where he will receive a message that says "Avaya one-X Communicator is unable to connect to the server. Make sure that you have entered the correct IP address or domain name info. Try to log in again. If you are still unable to log in, there is a problem with your network...."

We haven't changed the IP address or domain name so that isn't the issue. When our user lets me know he can't connect, I am able to log in to my own One X without issue. At the same time, our user is able to remote into a computer at our home location over the VPN and doesn't have an issue.

With my limited network knowledge, I'm not really sure where I should look to trouble-shoot. I've talked with my network guys but they can't find any issues on the VPN side. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2017, 04:27 AM
Brainiac

johns1224 has 9 reputation points

Hi there, eyerh66. Did you ever get this resolved?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Aspiring Member

bouch6 has 10 reputation points

I got the same error.

Only with my domain user. A local session on the computer work..

Any idea?!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 PM

peloq has 10 reputation points
Default Have you find the solution?

I am interested in knowing if you have found the solution.

thank you,
Old 04-06-2018, 11:17 AM

ellenl has 11 reputation points
Default Same problem, worked before now not

I added my remote ip address range in ip-network-map and it worked so I thought I was home free. Nope, the problem came back.

If I log in locally no problem.

I asked my network folks to tell me what was being blocked and they said CM was causing the rejection.

Would really like a fix for this as I use this app all the time and so do my remote users. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:13 AM
Hot Shot

regan16 has 10 reputation points

Is there a fix for this? No one seems to have posted one so far
Old 06-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Genius

marzahn has 24 reputation pointsmarzahn has 24 reputation points
Solution Delivered It Could Be the Users Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyerh66 View Post
I have a user that works remotely (my first go at setting up a remote worker!) and we set him up with One X-Communicator. I have One X on my own work station and have no issue connecting/using it.

My remote user set it up on his home laptop and it initially worked fine. He connects through our VPN and then logs into the One X. The problem is that more recently he is having connection issues where he will receive a message that says "Avaya one-X Communicator is unable to connect to the server. Make sure that you have entered the correct IP address or domain name info. Try to log in again. If you are still unable to log in, there is a problem with your network...."

We haven't changed the IP address or domain name so that isn't the issue. When our user lets me know he can't connect, I am able to log in to my own One X without issue. At the same time, our user is able to remote into a computer at our home location over the VPN and doesn't have an issue.

With my limited network knowledge, I'm not really sure where I should look to trouble-shoot. I've talked with my network guys but they can't find any issues on the VPN side. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Did you do the installation or did you leave it up to the user? The best results I have had is building it on the PC at work and then directing the user to remote into his or her desktop. Also we have the help desk staff do these installations while the user is logged in as him or herself.

We have lots of one-X communicator and agent installations out there. The main issue seems to be with the home user's carrier. does that help?
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
299 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908-5720
401-459-6677 (Direct "Find-me" Line)