Whiz

lau56 has 11 reputation points
Default How to connect 2 units IP office link together

Hi All,

I have customer use 2 units of IP 500 v2 office at different place,
How to link both together?

1) ISDN
2) 150 units of 1608 I phones
3) 18 Analogue , (2 units of 8 ports Analogues) + (1 unit of 2 ports Analogue card)
4) SIP trunk (10 license)

whether use the SIP trunk to link together?
or use Primary & Secondary?

Your help is much more appreciated.

Thanks
Edward
Old 10-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

Add networking licenses to both units
Create a new IP Office line on each site with the IP address of the opposite unit as the gateway
Create a routable path between sites, by VPN, MPLS, point-to-point, etc.
Be sure all extension numbers and names are unique between systems.

All of your previous posts start with "I have customer........" - are you an Avaya Business Partner??
Old 10-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Whiz

Hi thiel2,

Thanks for your help.
My company is Avaya Business Partner.

This 2 units IPO 500 V2 have Voice Networking license, can I use SCN to link together?

How to configure?
Need both unit have Voice Networking license or 1 unit will do?

Thanks
Edward
Old 10-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

Both units need voice networking licenses. They must be within one release from each other (9.0 and 9.1, or 8.1 and 9.0, or 8.0 and 8.1, etc. but NOT 8.1 and 9.1, those are 2 releases apart)

Create a new H323 Line, if you have no expansion line modules, the first one will be line 17.
On the VoIP Settings tab, the "Gateway IP Address" is the IP address of the other IP Office control unit. Supplementary Services is "IP Office SCN". On the VoP Line tab, I usually type in a description in the Telephone Number box, such as VoIP to Kalamazoo.

Do that on both systems, and it's pretty much automatic that the systems will discover each other's extension numbers, and you will have a new check box on Hunt Groups to "advertise hunt group" so they are also seen by the other site. You can add members from either system to hunt groups.

In Monitor, you can click on Status, Small Community Networking, and it will tell you if the systems are connecting. Don't leave that window open longer than necessary, as it sucks up resources.

If you've never done it before, it can be intimidating, but it's not really. You should have covered it in your training courses necessary to become a Business Partner.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Whiz

Hi Thiel2,

Thanks for yor reply,

Your are helping me solved many IPO problem.

Thankyou

Edward

Last edited by lau56; 11-02-2015 at 06:41 PM.