Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Aura & Unified Communications

Old 03-29-2013, 05:51 AM
Whiz

garg19 has 10 reputation points
Default ME- 6.2 Template VMs

Midsize Enterprise ME6.2 template in HA ( running on system platform on two HP Servers) Do I need to install license and authentication files on all the VMs running on ME6.2 ( like CM, session manager, system manager, system platform, aes, cmm, utility etc.) OR only few of the VMs need these files.
Do I need to download these files from PLDS or still we use RFA.

Amit
Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 AM

shark3 has 10 reputation points
Default WebLM service on ME 6.2

Hello
MidsizeEnt. has WebLM service/server for upload license. So you have to upload license files(xml files) on WebLM. All services of ME must use that WebLM for licensing all feature of ME.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Whiz

garg19 has 10 reputation points

Out of (CM, session manager, system manager, system platform, aes, cmm, utility) which all VMs need License and Authentication files.?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 AM
Hot Shot

jimvicom has 10 reputation points

All of them........you have to use the licensing in system manager......follow the installation workbook, walks you through everything...

I have been configuring a Mid size solution for 10 months - found a lot of bugs, 4 PCN's written and several documents that need to be changed.....worked with development a lot.

Had to re-raid the drives and reload 14 times because of bugs, documentation errors, and following system prompts.....sometimes with HA and sometimes for other reasons.

just make sure if you are doing any work, at all you always stop HA until all work is done.....that means loading patches, doing updates, changing configuration, anything.....even if the system lets you do it - it may still brick your system and Avaya will say sorry, but you have to reload......

Make sure you only use patches that specifically say they are for the Mid-Enterprise solution as not all of the VM patches work with Mid-Enterprise some of them will brick the system.

And as you arleady know keep a current backup of VSP and all of the VM's......as soon as a change is made back it up.....
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 AM

yangt has 10 reputation points

Dear Jim,
Have you ever try to change the IPs of ME's VMs?
I have been reload the template many many times,
Do you have any suggestion or any solution?

thanks...