Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Telephony and Convergence

Old 06-05-2014, 06:36 PM

emans has 10 reputation points
Exclamation twinning IP 500 ver (9.0.200.860

Hi All

Can Someone please tell me how do I configure twinning for an extension to an outside number ?
Old 06-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

You'll need PRI or SIP trunks, in Manager, on the User form, and on the Mobility tab, check the box for Mobility Features, and put a Twinning button on the phone.

At the phone, press the twinning button, dial in the phone number (don't forget the access code, such as 9, and dial it just as you would from that phone, ie, if you don't need leading 1 or area code to dial normally, omit it. Press Save, the Twinning button will light up, and away you go.

Press the Twinning button to turn it off, next time you press it to turn it on, the telephone number is already there, if that is still the number to use, press Save, otherwise edit the number and press Save.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel2 View Post
You'll need PRI or SIP trunks, in Manager, on the User form, and on the Mobility tab, check the box for Mobility Features, and put a Twinning button on the phone.

At the phone, press the twinning button, dial in the phone number (don't forget the access code, such as 9, and dial it just as you would from that phone, ie, if you don't need leading 1 or area code to dial normally, omit it. Press Save, the Twinning button will light up, and away you go.

Press the Twinning button to turn it off, next time you press it to turn it on, the telephone number is already there, if that is still the number to use, press Save, otherwise edit the number and press Save.
Thanks for your response thiel2 I configured twinning on my phone but still it doesn't work whats the access code is that a short code needs to be added to IP office phone manger under short codes ?
Old 06-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

You don't need to add anything to the shortcodes.

My point was that you need to enter the twinning number exactly as you would dial it directly.

So, if the telephone number you want to twin to is 5551212, and if you normally dial 95551212 to reach it, then 95551212 is what you need to input when prompted for the twinning number.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel2 View Post
You don't need to add anything to the shortcodes.

My point was that you need to enter the twinning number exactly as you would dial it directly.

So, if the telephone number you want to twin to is 5551212, and if you normally dial 95551212 to reach it, then 95551212 is what you need to input when prompted for the twinning number.
Hi thiel2,

Thanks for your response I did it exactly what you suggested but still no luck however internal twinning works fine its external I'm having issues with now