Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 06-15-2016, 11:46 AM

maxwe16 has 10 reputation points
Default Outgoing caller ID

Hello, I am by far no expert with IP Office, I was kinda tossed into trying to figure it all out on my own.....that being said, I work in an office of about 50 people and currently if someone calls out it displays the office main line phone number on the other ends caller id, each user here has a direct call line of 689-xxxx, xxxx being the extension number, is there a way to have it display the users direct extension number on the call id, whats happening is the user calls someone and leaves a voicemail but they don't say the callback number so our poor receptionist is always getting slammed from people calling back the main line displayed on the called id.

Avaya IP Office R6.1 all using the Avaya 1416 phones
Thank you
Old 06-15-2016, 12:32 PM

wilso471 has 10 reputation points

We have an Avaya IP Office 500 V2 and I'd like to know how to do this as well.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Aspiring Member

andyellis has 10 reputation points

Assuming you have PRI:

If your system is using ARS you will find in the table several dial codes like 0N, 1N, N, etc.
Edit each field to read siXXXYYYE after the N.
Where XXX is the area code and YYY is the prefix.
This assumes you have 4 digit extension numbers. If you have 3-digit numbers the code would be siXXXYYYZE.

If your system is using a short code to dial instead of the ARS, the process is the same.

If a User does not want there direct number showing, you would add short code override to the specific User's Short Code list.

Be aware that messing with these masks and making an error may result in not being a call out at all. You should contact an authorized Avaya Business Partner for help or training.

Last edited by andyellis; 06-15-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:28 PM

This is what I have for ARS http://imgur.com/a/L2SLd

how would I know if its PRI?

Thank you
Old 06-16-2016, 03:36 PM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

Your ARS table is configured to send 907694xxxx as the outbound caller id. The "x"'s are here because I can see the entire number that you are sending (which is a good idea, you really don't want to share your telephone number with the world!!)

This probably means that you have a PRI service from the phone company.

If you have listed the entire 10 digit telephone number in the Incoming Call Route for a user, and that is the only Incoming Call Route for that user, you can make a copy of your ARS table, remove the "si907694xxxx" from each entry, and make that user's calls go out via that ARS table.

To make a user go out via a specific ARS, make a short code on their User Short Code form, something like 9N / Dial / N / ARS51. When they dial 9 and a telephone number, their calls will be sent to your new ARS table instead of the Main one.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:52 PM

all the incoming call routes show "incoming number -xxxx" -xxxx being the users extension.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Genius

thiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation pointsthiel2 has 50 to 99 reputation points

So change them to be 907694xxxx and then point the user to the new ARS.

Even though you're only receiving 4 digits from the phone company on the incoming call, it will still match the ICR.

Putting the entire telephone number in the Incoming Call Route is a good practice, so anyone that comes after you will know what the actual telephone number is, not just the last 4 digits.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:24 PM

does the - do anything, should i put them in as -907694xxxx or just 907694xxxx, currently its -xxxx

Thank you
Old 06-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Genius

leave the "-" off
Old 06-21-2016, 01:47 PM
Genius

weiss1 has 11 reputation points

Having the '-' or not does make a difference. However it depends on what country/provider you are, if it has a impact or not.

'–' = Left-to-Right Exact Length Matching Using a - in front of the number causes a left-to-right match. When left-to-right matching is used, the number match must be the same length. For example -96XXX will match a DID of 96000 but not 9600 or 960000