Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 01-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Brainiac

mqatatsheh has 10 reputation points
Default Avaya IP Office & Skype for Business (Voice Quality Problems)

Hello ...

I have completed integration Avaya IP Office & Skype for Business uses SIP as a trunking interface that allows calls to go
between the Skype for Business system and the Avaya infrastructure.
The customer have a mix of phones (IP and Digial), and the digital is mixed between Avaya and Nortel phones.
when calling from skype for business to Avaya IP phones or from Avaya IP Phones using skype for business, the quality of voice is good and two parties can hears each other well.
The major problems in voice quality is when calling from skype for business to Avaya Digital phones or from Digial phones using skype for business, the callee party on Avaya site can't hear anything from calling party, the voice is very poor and there is dalay and cutting in the voice, but the other party can hears the Avaya side very well. This case occures in incoming and outgoing.
I guess the problems is in VCM resources, the IPO just have a 10 VCM, I insert another VCM32 card but the problems not solved.
when trace the calls on the system status, in IP case, I see that the connection types is RTP delays but in dital trace the connection types is using VCM.
The Attachments below contains the following:

1. Ssytem Status screenshot when calling Avaya IP Phones and the trace captured
2. Ssytem Status screenshot when calling Avaya Digital Phones and the trace captured
3. SysMoniter Traces on both case.
4. QoS Screenshot

Hope I found the answered and solution to this issues

Thanks and Best Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Voice Quality Problems.docx (343.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-11-2017, 07:27 AM
Hot Shot

morri234 has 10 reputation points

Thanks for this. I wonder if this would work better with Avaya's Scopia product?
Old 05-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Brainiac

cartw7 has 9 reputation points

Thanks for sharing. I have a friend who used a third party app to called Tenfold to integrate Skype for Business and Avaya. So far, voice quality was not an issue according to him.