Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Messaging

Old 10-19-2013, 12:50 PM

jkotso has 10 reputation points
Default Dial by Name - remove single user?

Hello,
Is it possible to have the "Dial by Name" feature enabled on Avaya Modular Messaging (v. 5.2) and edit it so that you can remove a single name/user?

We have an end user who is getting harrassing calls from someone who doesn't have the ext., but is able to find him via the search by name feature.

I've gone over the manual and see info on how to enable the feature, but don't see info on removing a single name.

I launched the VM sys config tool on our vm server and see the DBN tab, but don't see a way to edit their either.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Aspiring Member

akilates has 10 reputation points

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove a single user from the Dial By Name feature. As a workaround, I would suggest that a 1 be put in front of the Last Name of the mailbox so that the name should not be able to be found.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Aspiring Member

bigdwilkes has 10 reputation points

You can actually add several numbers to increase the security a little more. Also, changing the last name is an option as well.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:55 AM

Thanks very much for your replies.

So simple it's almost brilliant. I inserted a "1" before the name in the Avaya Site Admin Console (1Larry Xxxxxxx) and that masks it from the "Dial by Name" feature.

Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 AM

Well, spoke to soon. Though I tested it a couple of times, now, even though the 1 is still inserted before the name in Avaya site admin, the name still appears when spelled via the DbN feature.

I tried inserting a "1" before the last name in the Active Directory account, but that didn't work either.

I've just now added a "1" before the last name in the Exchange Mgmt console; User Info (tab) > Last name (field).

Now it seems to be working again, so I'll keep monitoring it.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM

swans10 has 10 reputation points

I think you can also add ~~ in front of name.. I could be wrong however, im still new at this.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Hot Shot

ssmokinjoe has 12 reputation points

I know this is an old Topic but, I am still having trouble even activating the DBN feature. I can't seem to find any clear information on where to enable it. I have logged onto the CM VM and then went to the Messaging application and I don't see it the feature listed. Am I looking in the right place? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Genius

marzahn has 24 reputation pointsmarzahn has 24 reputation points
Solution Delivered

It is done in Modular Messaging Joe. Have you worked in the call aplication module? you need to work at the local console or remote desktop over to your MAS-1 and open the "Caller Application" application.

It took me about 30 minutes to complete. Most of the set-up is built into the caller aplication module. I think that I have a doc on it someplace if you need more.
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
299 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908-5720
401-459-6677 (Direct "Find-me" Line)
Old 06-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Aspiring Member

fusco3 has 10 reputation points

So here is my Solution:
change inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group XXX
where XX is the Tie trunk for Voice Mail
Simply put the users extension, delete all digits and replace with Main Auto Attendant or Console/Front Desk.

Yes, its also prevents other voice mail features... but user can get thier Voice Mail from TUI...
Old 07-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Genius

marzahn has 24 reputation pointsmarzahn has 24 reputation points
Solution Delivered

The newest answer to deselect a single name from the dail by name feature in MM is to place two tildies (~~) at the left of the name string on station config tab 1. It works for me?
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
299 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908-5720
401-459-6677 (Direct "Find-me" Line)