Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Office Contact Center

Old 09-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Brainiac

kgerhold217 has 10 reputation points
Default Resetting WebLM password

Does anyone know how to reset the WebLM Administrator password in IPOCC?
Old 09-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Genius

kruegerb has 12 reputation points

Reset is not possible. Save license file. Go in control panel - programs, uninstall WebLM and make new installation of Weblm. Login weblm admin with default login. Import license file.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Whiz

mnorst has 11 reputation points

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgerhold217 View Post
Does anyone know how to reset the WebLM Administrator password in IPOCC?
We have had success in the past replacing the Users.xml file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office Contact Center\Tomcat\webapps\WebLM\admin) from a "known good" system where we know the admin password then restarting. Unfortunately it's been months since I did it last so I'm not sure if there were any other gotchas. Try on a lab system first if possible.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:54 PM
Brainiac

jtarjanyi has 10 reputation points

You can extract the original Users.xml from the .msi installer.

My installation package is copied to c:\Install folder. The required MSI is in C:\Install\Server\IP Office Contact Center\Setups\WebLM.msi

Open a command promt and change directory there:

# cd C:\Install\Server\IP Office Contact Center\Setups

Than extract MSI into a temp folder:

# msiexec /a WebLM.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:\temp\weblm

An installshild will popup, but it is just an extraction, not an installation, so don't care

Go to C:\temp\weblm\webapps\WebLM\admin and here is the original Users.xml

Make a backup copy from the currently installed Users.xml which is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office Contact Center\Tomcat\webapps\WebLM\admin

Rename the Users.xml to Users.xml.old or something similar, and copy the original Users.xml from the temp folder.

Restart the Apache Tomcat server.

*Note... I have not tried it, so keep in safe place the old Users.xml, and if it is not working then copy it back. (Or if you are in vmware, just make a snapshot, but dont forget to delet it later! )
Old 02-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Aspiring Member

crews14 has 10 reputation points
Default Method I Used...

I renamed the Users.xml file in the C:\progfile\avaya\ipofficecontactcenter\tomcat\web apps\weblm\admin directory to .old.

Stopped the Apache Tomcat service.

Ran a repair from the WebLM.msi file under the setup directory. Mine was \docs\ipocc_dvd\server\ipofficecontactcenter\setup s directory.

restarted the apache service.

browsed to https://localhost:8443/WebLM/weblmhome.jsp

enter default user creds admin ~ weblmadmin and you should be prompted to reset the password.

Good Luck, it took me a while to get this one done. :-)