Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Contact Center Applications

Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Aspiring Member

bwcreditone has 10 reputation points
Default one-X agent not meant as migration for IP Agent?

All,

I've been reading up on one-X agent because my company is going to Windows7 and IP Agent is not compatible/supported. I am a TDM girl so much of this is new, however, it looks to me like one-X really isn't meant as a migration step for IP Agent. Can anyone confirm or if they have actually done this, I'd LOVE to hear the good, the bad and the ugly as I am sure there is a plethora of it.

If you wish to email me directly, please do so at willard.becky@gmail.com.

Thanks in Advance,
becky
Old 09-28-2010, 04:53 AM
Aspiring Member

jyan has 10 reputation points

Well, as OneX are series of new softwares developed by Avaya with more functions and more beautiful interface. It is hard to compare with previous versions of IP agent or IP softphones as everyone had their own appetite, as many of Avaya engineers still keep using the old softphone versions...

For more information of OneX Agent, you can go to the web below and there are many document for OneX Agent. Hope it will help.

https://support.avaya.com/css/Products/P0535
Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Guru

aa1 has 24 reputation pointsaa1 has 24 reputation points
Default Avaya OneX Agent vs. IP Agent

Hi Becky,

Avaya IP agent has reached to its end of sale. Please have a look at this document: (http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100082823). Avaya OneX Agent is the next generation and already version 2.0 has been released. Please have a look at the "Avaya one-X® Agent Overview" document (http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100069882 for additional information and list of features. Also on the page 15 of this document, you will fine "Feature comparison between Avaya one-X Agent and IP Agent". This may help you additionally.

You fill find several documents also on our suport website: (http://support.avaya.com/css/Products/P0535)

Hope this helps.
Arbi
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Aspiring Member

bwcreditone has 10 reputation points
Default one-X not meant as migration

Yes, I know that it is the latest and greatest and that IP agent is at EOL but it seems there is no in between step to transition from IP agent to one-X. That's tough for us as we are still using call master end points and our PCs do not have the horsepower, nor do we have the bandwidth, to support concurrent voice and data sessions.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Aspiring Member

lockdl has 10 reputation points
Thumbs down avoid one x if possible

I would recommend anyone considering one x to hang onto ip agent as long as possible. I find one x to be extremely buggy, lacking features, poorly integrated with CM. Reminds me of IQ and how bad that was. I cannot believe Avaya released this app.