Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 09-21-2011, 04:01 AM

varuna has 10 reputation points
Default 1403 Digital phone Doesn't Work after upgrading IPO 7.0.23

Today I update the IP Office Manager Application to 7.0.23 . and Also I download the bin files and copied it to Manager folder. It doesn't display to update bin files when I updating IPO Box. Now on 1403, it displays Waiting FW Upgrade.
Can anyone help me.
thanks
Old 09-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Guru

pdgavin has 10 reputation points

You may need to use Manager to upload the phone files. In Manager go into Embedded File Management and choose either Upload Phone Files or Upload System Files depending wheter this is an IP500v2 or IP500v1. If you are not using the embedded memory card make sure that you have the Phone File Server Type setup properly to manager in the IP Office config in the System Tab.

Phone File Server Type: Default = Custom. Software level = 5.0+.
For IP (H323 and SIP) phones using the system as their DHCP server, the DHCP response can include the address of a file server from which the phone should request files. The setting of this field control which addresses are used in the DHCP response.
Phone File Server Type
DHCP Response uses...
HTTP Source
TFTP Source
Custom
HTTP Server IP Address
TFTP Server IP Address
Memory Card
LAN IP Address
LAN IP Address
Manager
LAN IP Address
Manager PC IP Address

Custom
The DHCP response provided to phones it is supporting contains the TFTP Address from the TFTP Server IP Address above and the HTTP Address from the HTTP Server IP Address above.
Memory Card
The system will respond to file requests from phones using files on its own memory card. The DHCP response provided to phones it is supporting contains the LAN address of the system for both TFTP and HTTP address.
Manager
The system will forward any H323 phone file request to the configured Manager PC IP Address set below. HTTP-TFTP relay is used for HTTP requests. The DHCP response provided to phones the system is supporting contains the LAN address of the system for the HTTP Address.
Manager PC IP Address: Default = 0.0.0.0 (Broadcast). Software level = 5.0+.
This address is used when the Phone File Server Type is set to Manager.

Pete
Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Guru

Forgot to mention, if you are not using the embedded memory card as the Phone File Server Type you need to have Manager running and you have to make sure there are no other file servers running on that PC and that you have Manager configured as a file server.

If you have an IP500v2 make sure you are using the embedded memory card as the Phone File Server Type.

Pete
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM

I am using Embedded Card and this happens with Digital phones. Since digital phones directly connects to PABX, I don't think we must give file server address. This happens with 1403 and 1416 phones only. I have IPO 500 V2.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Guru

You wrote:
I am using Embedded Card and this happens with Digital phones. Since digital phones directly connects to PABX, I don't think we must give file server address. This happens with 1403 and 1416 phones only. I have IPO 500 V2.

and earlier you wrote:
Now on 1403, it displays Waiting FW Upgrade.

Where do you think the phones are going to get the Firmware Upgrade from?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:08 PM

I think Firmware will download from the bin files on Manager Folder.
This Happens with Latest Update 7.0(27) Aslo. I downloaded the Bin files on support site. But No result.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Legend

markgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation points

Which bin files are you downloading?

All the bins files for IP Office operation of these phones are included in the download and install of IP Office Manager. When Manager is used to upgrade the IP Office system, all those files are transferred to the system.

Other sets of 1400 Series phone bin files are not necessarily supported with IP Office.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Legend

ista4 has 12 reputation points

You should set the tftp and http ipadress to the same ipaddress as Lan1.
Also set the fileserver type to the SD card.
Then the phones will upgrade.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Aspiring Member

marfi has 10 reputation points

I had the same problem.
there is not the file 1403R04.bin in the sd card. copy this file from the manager and paste in sd PRIMARY folder
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Legend

ista4 has 12 reputation points

When it is not in the primary folder then you must put it on yourself.
When you upgrade then by default the files will be copied to the SD card unless you have unchecked that option.

But Avaya have made patches for both the .23 and.27 and the ,23 patch does not copy the new R36 file for the 9508 so this could also be the case for the 14xx phones.
The .27 patch has no phone firmware so that version should not be a problem.

Tags
1403, ipo 7.0.23, upgrading ipo 7.0.23