Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Breeze™ Collaboratory

Old 09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Whiz

ander548 has 10 reputation points
Default Returning data from one WFD to another

I have an ED workflow that does a REST call and I'd like to map some of the data as output for my workflow so that other workflows I create can call it with the Create Process snap-in and get back the data. Where do you define the output for the sub workflow? The End snap-in just seems to have input mappings, so how can your workflow pass along data to other workflows?

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Hot Shot

lucas3 has 10 reputation points

I'll follow up with the Breeze services team, and we'll get back with you shortly.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:33 AM

aanurag has 10 reputation points

You can map to end event input mapping. The input mapping of end event becomes output of Create Process in the main flow
Old 09-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Whiz

I tried mapping values to the End input mappings, but it doesn't appear to be working. When I run the workflow from a new workflow using Start Process, (a) I don't see anything in the Start Process input/output schemas, and (b) if I add the schemas manually and then try run it, I seem to be getting nothing back from Create Process.

Also, in my original workflow, if I debug it directly and step through in the debugger, when it gets to the End, it shows no Output at the right, which seems to be what I'm seeing when I try to use it with Create Process. What is the best way to see that my End is actually outputting anything? Should the debugger show that somewhere as I step through?

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2016, 12:00 PM

Can you please provide the two workflows so that we can look if the are in accordance with what we expect
Old 09-14-2016, 06:23 AM
Whiz

Ok, I created a very simple workflow with only a Start going straight to a Terminate. On the terminate, I set the following for the input schema, and in Input Mapping I hardcoded a value of "My Output" into the Output1 value:

{
"title":"Test",
"properties":{
"Output1":{
"type":"string"
}},
"type":"object"
}

And when I just run this simple WF in debugger, and step through it, after the terminate executes the Debugger Console shows "Output Data" as blank. So, first of all, is that correct? Shouldn't it show my Output1 value as an Output?

But, that aside, if I deploy this WF as "Test" and then open a new workflow, when I use Create Process and point it to my "Test", it doesn't automatically populate anything for input/output schema. If I paste the schema from above into the output schema for Create Process, and map it to some variable, it still comes back blank.

So, am I doing something wrong or just missing something? Is there some way to debug the Test WF to make sure it's outputting what it should be? As best I can tell it's not outputting anything.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2016, 01:08 AM

"And when I just run this simple WF in debugger, and step through it, after the terminate executes the Debugger Console shows "Output Data" as blank. So, first of all, is that correct? Shouldn't it show my Output1 value as an Output?"

It is weird that debugger has only output data area and not input data area. Seems like a bug. Output area should be empty as Ouput1 is infact input for terminate event. Instead on using debugger, I deployed workflow and used admin console to create instance, and input for terminate event correctly shows Output1 having the value

"But, that aside, if I deploy this WF as "Test" and then open a new workflow, when I use Create Process and point it to my "Test", it doesn't automatically populate anything for input/output schema. If I paste the schema from above into the output schema for Create Process, and map it to some variable, it still comes back blank."

Regarding not automatically populating input/output schema, this is known issue.

I tried above thing and variable is not blank after that, it had output1, again I was using admin console
Old 09-19-2016, 02:34 AM

Default Sample workflow attached

Sample workflows are attached, debug is the workflow which is called from main, the mappings are as per Andrew indicated
Attached Files
File Type: zip Downloads.zip (4.0 KB, 2 views)