Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 10-11-2016, 09:45 AM
Hot Shot

jlaval has 10 reputation points
Default IP Office 9.1 Disable Call Pickup

Is there anyway to disable call pickup on a user's extension. If I put a user appearance button on a phone, when that user's phone rings of course the light flashes next to the user's name. If I press that button I get the option to Pickup that call. I would like to disable this option. Any suggestions?
Old 10-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Genius

zakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation points

No, you can't keep an extension from being able to pick up it's own line. Is there any reason you have a phone configured with call appearance buttons that you don't want picked up? Is this a door phone or something? Are people accidentally dialing this extension?
Old 10-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Hot Shot

We want this extension to be available as a speed dial button and we want the user to know if that extension is currently on a call. We just don't want the user to pickup the call if that extension is ringing.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Genius

zakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation points

I'm confused, let's say you have two extensions, 200 and 201 and 201 is the one you don't want to pickup.

You want a speed dial button on 200 that gives you the status of 201 (a User button), but you don't want 201 to be able to pickup phone calls that come in when that button is pressed?
Old 10-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Genius

Actually I think I may understand now

So 201 rings, and the user button on 200 lights up to show that 201 is currently ringing, you want to make it so that 200 can't hit the button to pickup the call for 201?

If that's the case then just enable "Cannot be intruded" on user 201 under Telephony->Supervisor Settings, it'll keep anyone from being able to jump in on the call by hitting the user button.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:35 AM
Hot Shot

You are understanding my example clearly. I tried the Cannot Intrude function and it is enabled by default. That function only takes place if the user (201) is currently on a call then 200 Cannot Intrude without special rights. It does not affect it if 201 is starting to ring because 200 is still able to grab that call before 201 answers.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:57 AM
Aspiring Member

tolisa has 10 reputation points

Any solution ?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:19 AM
Guru

kirchenlo has 15 reputation pointskirchenlo has 15 reputation points

The solution might be available in Rls 10.1 or 11 of IP Office. Accordingly, to the road map the following feature will be introduced.

“User Button / Pickup Privacy
Ability to prevent users from monitoring status or picking up calls for specific other users (e.g. privacy protection for senior management, Workers Council members)”

Check out the TechTalk for additional information about the IP Office roadmap.

https://sales.avaya.com/documents/1399647589404
Old 01-08-2019, 05:37 PM
Aspiring Member

ramir356 has 10 reputation points
Cool no funciona

No funciona amigos, ya tengo un IP Office 11 y no existe esa función ya abrí un ticket con Avaya y dijeron que el no existe esta función. Me recomendaron que contrate servicios profesionales de Avaya para que me hagan un desarrollo. ya le dije a mi cliente que no se puede.

saludos.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:42 AM
Legend

markgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation pointsmarkgallagher has 25 to 49 reputation points

The feature does exist in IP Office R11.0. Look for Privacy Override Group under User | Telephony | Supervisor Settings.