Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Networking Products

Old 10-12-2014, 04:55 AM

jburba has 10 reputation points
Default Enable Admin Status for POE via CLI command

I did some searching here and google, but the any search query with enable, poe, command, cli, admin, etc. gets me a lot of nothing. I have an 3510 PWR+ switch that I use at home for some APs and network security cams. What I am trying to do, is use a telnet client, or SSH in the future, to shutdown and disable poe with the use of a shortcut on my android phone, and then turn on the port and enable poe with the use of another shortcut on the same phone. I have the commands in CLI for shutting down the port and and poe fine (thought just shutting down poe would suffice) but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to turn those two settings on.

I have been doing it in EDM, but I'd like to be able to do them via CLI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I can add where I can set the password for EDM? Same thing, I've spent hours searching and I all get is instructions and manuals where it gives you what the generic one is, and one that gives instruction on where to find the setting, config-->security-->control path-->general-->web, but those options do not exist in my version. I'm not using RADIUS at home.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Hot Shot

gbeaudoin has 11 reputation points

Hello,

The actual documentation for that switch is at http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100178985.

For stopping PoE on that switch you'll first have to enter the configuration mode on your interface then issue the poe-shutdown command:

config terminal
interface fastethernet XX
poe poe-shutdown

Replace "poe poe-shutdown" with "no poe-shutdown" to reactivate PoE.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:55 AM

jburba has 10 reputation points

I love you!!! I literally love you!!! I was monkeying around the EDM and was shutting down some ports when I stupidly shutdown the port to the router, essentially severing EDM, telnet, SSH, etc contact to the switch. Console is only CLI, so I figured to check here and see if anyone replied....and I'm so glad someone did. I didn't want to reset to factory defaults....again.

So just to be clear, the "no" command can be used for any other command to do the opposite? or just some?
Old 10-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Genius

zakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation pointszakabog has 25 to 49 reputation points

That's the standard for most CLIs to negate a command. There are some things you can't do a no on for the Avaya switches but in most cases that'll let you negate any commands. Think of it as a way to delete configuration options, if you do a 'show run' on an Avaya switch it'll show you a list of all of the config options that differ from the defaults. So if you do a shutdown on a port you should see it in show run, and when you do 'no shutdown' it'll "delete" that config option.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Hot Shot

gbeaudoin has 11 reputation points

Happy I could help.

I second what zakabog said. You can also think of the "no" directive as a way to return to the default setting for a feature.