Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Aura & Unified Communications

Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 AM
Aspiring Member

gollie has 10 reputation points
Default COM installation on CentOs

Hello,

I'm trying to setup COM 3.0.2 (Configuration and Orchestration Manager) for tests purposes on CentOs 5.10. I've seen that the supported Operating Systems are only several versions of Windows Server and Linux Red Hat 5.6. However, I was hoping that I could perform the setup on CentOs, given the fact that this OS is supposed to be a clone of RHEL.

I tried to setup COM, received a first message warning me that I could encounter some trouble installing COM on a non-supported OS, but I could continue the setup without any trouble. Then, the pre-install check started and blocked the installation since it found an unsupported operating system.

So, here's my question : is there any way / any option allowing to bypass that part of the pre-install check ? I don't have any RHEL server available at the moment and CentOs is the only Linux Distribution we're using here.

Another question : assuming that the installer won't work if it doesn't find the proper linux version, I checked the Windows-based OS supported by COM, and it includes Windows Server 2008 but not Windows Server 2008 R2. Has it been forgotten in the documentation, or is Windows Server 2008 the most recent OS supported for COM ?

Thanks by advance for reading me, hope you'll be able to help.

Regards,
Old 03-19-2014, 03:55 AM
Aspiring Member

gollie has 10 reputation points

Answering to myself here : I couldn't find a way to install COM 3.0.2 on CentOS but at least, I managed to install it on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (doesn't seem compatible with 2008 R2 Datacenter). The installation went smoothly once the prerequisites were met, I didn't have to do anything. The additional problem now is that I only get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when trying to connect to COM no matter what securities are disabled or what fqdn is present in my host file.

Edit : seems to be working on 2008 Enterprise only.

Last edited by gollie; 03-19-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:13 AM
Guru

rbrookes has 10 reputation points

Gollie, thanks for the update.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Whiz

vliegj has 10 reputation points

Did you get this problem resolved