Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Small and Medium Business Communications

Old 06-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Hot Shot

mcebasek has 10 reputation points
Default bcm 50 calls go directly to voicemail on off hours.

Hi All.

I've got a little problem that is frustrating all of my attempts to resolve it.

When a customer calls another user, in another office via 4 digit dialling, on off business hours (lunch / evenings) the calls go directly to voicemail. I later found out this seems to be happening not only to the reporting office, but to other offices calling into the one showing the issue.

To test, I put a softphone on the reporting office bcm (via computer on their network) and did both 4 digit and PSTN calls. they all completed properly, meaning I hit the auto attendant, dialed the digits for the user I wanted, the phone rang 4 times and the call went to voicemail as it should.

I put the softphone next on the offending office, and made similar calls with similar results.

Having checked everything I can think of in the configuration, I've pretty much run out of ideas.

Has anyone else encountered this? Do they have a solution?

Regards
Old 06-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Aspiring Member

estepm has 10 reputation points
Default It is a control set/services issue

Check the control set of the target lines for those 4-digit extensions. Also look at the services programming. If you want to be able to dial the 4-digit extensions, make sure they are not included in the services programming. You may need to set the control set to the 4-digit extension itself.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Aspiring Member

estepm has 10 reputation points
Default bcm 50 calls go directly to voicemail on off hours.

Check ring groups when looking at the services.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:46 AM
Hot Shot

mcebasek has 10 reputation points

Hi All.

estepm, you were 50 % right.

It turns out that the problem was that the extensions in ring group 1 were correct, one being the receptionist, the other being the voicemail.

HOWEVER (big meaning for a relatively small word) ring group one affects ALL trunks. So when the customer calls via 4 digit dialling over voip trunks, ring group one became active, the voicemail (Call pilot) pickup up first and sent directly to voicemail.

So if anyone else runs into this trouble, get the folks you want to be able to control the call OUT of ring group 1, put them in an unused ring group, and everything works.

Thanks to all for their answers and assistance.

Regards