Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Aura & Unified Communications

Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 AM

kgoree has 10 reputation points
Default One-X Portal User login

I have been fighting with One-X Portal for the longest time and have it running finally! CM 5.2.1, AES 5.2.2, 1XP5.2 on RHEL 5.3 2xQuad core 2.55 12 GB RAM.
4621 2.9FW, 9630 3.1FW Windows XP FireFox 3.6, OSX 10.6. FireFox 3.6
All supported (as far as I know and reading the documentation) by Avaya.

When I logon to the user portion, I received the below error.

"An error occurred when connecting to your phone. Phone Authentication or Registration failed, you may resolve this by: Fixing you telephone account settings; Resetting your desk phone"

I have changed my phone password, I have reset my deskphone. I have ensured my CODEC Sets include G.711 (A and MU) as the first choice.

The only thing I have not been able do (because I lack the required permissions) is put the the One-X Portal Service account into the Active Directory Administrators or Domain Administrator's groups. Besides the Avaya documentation saying so, I do not have enough evidence to convince my directory team to put the account in the required groups. Plus the documentation is very vague as to why the account needs to be in one of those groups.

I have contacted my system admin (me) and the system admin is posting to this forum for some help.

I am at a complete loss. Any idea on where to look?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:24 AM

shah3 has 10 reputation points

Basically before installing 1XP, we create 3 security groups on the Directory server.
One each for Admin, User and Auditors.

Ideally your service account should be part of Admin group and it may not necessarily part of the domain administrators group on the customer's directory server.

Also for the error related to phone above, can u confirm if you have softphone permissions on the extension associated with the account, the extension type is IP and the extension password entered on the 1XP is same as CM?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 PM

kgoree has 10 reputation points

Fixed the login part. Figured out that the TSAPI licenses weren't downloaded correctly from PLDS and didn't install when I licensed them in AES box. DOH!