Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Messaging

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:38 AM
lamer2 lamer2 is offline
Aspiring Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
lamer2 has 10 reputation points
Default Message Waiting indicator not working

I have an extension where the phone (6408D+) message waiting LED indicator will not light up when a message is waiting. I have tried a 6408D+ with known working LED, deleted and re-added ext. to the switch, deleted and re-added VM, tried and configured a different model Digital phone, tried and configured an analog phone but have not been able to resolve the issue. I also verfied the VM is configured for the correct switch and LWC Reception is msa-spe. We are using AVAYA Site Management 6.0 with Intuity AUDIX 4.4 Voicemail system. I am at a loss as this just started a couple weeks ago. This particular employee has been with the company for as long as the system has been in place so changing his ext. to possilby resolve the issue is pretty much not an option. Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
cgearhart1 cgearhart1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
cgearhart1 has 10 reputation points
Default

Check the COS to make sure MWI is turned on.

Also, we had this happen once with a couple of users that we ended up finding out that the system never cleared the light even though the user had cleared their messages. The system thought it was still on so would never send the message to light up again. I can't remember what the command was to fix it, but I remember Avaya had me do some sort of "clear" command on the station that was having the problem and it fixed it.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-15-2014, 09:28 AM
colem40 colem40 is offline
Aspiring Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
colem40 has 10 reputation points
Default Command to clear message indicator

I believe the command he is referring to is Clear AMW all ####, where #### is the extension number. I had to do a similar command when message lights would get "stuck".
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 AM
marzahn's Avatar
marzahn marzahn is offline
Genius
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Among the trees in Western RI
Posts: 236
marzahn has 24 reputation pointsmarzahn has 24 reputation points
Solution Delivered

It has been a number of years since I worked with Audix. Have you tried the command: "clear amw audix 9999" where '9999' is the extension with the misfiring light? Also I remember one case where the only answer was to delete and recreate the "mailbox."

That's all I have to offer. Perhaps there is someone with more current knowledge who can help you.
__________________
Thank you,
Bill Marzahn
Telecommunications Administrator
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
299 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908-5720
401-459-6677 (Direct "Find-me" Line)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 PM
sunilkumarv sunilkumarv is offline
Guru
.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: India
Posts: 124
sunilkumarv has 24 reputation pointssunilkumarv has 24 reputation points
Default

Hello,

- make sure the mailbox activity logs shows MWI activate/deactivate message
- check switch link ID on the mailbox, and make sure this extension is on right PBX (display dial plan parameter or analysis will show the local node-number which is switch id)
- make sure station has mwi enabled and is mapped to audix

clear amw all <extension number> will clear the stuck message waiting info on the extension

if all the above are good, then we need to refresh the station manager database in audix , this will need root level permission and you have to reach out to Avaya backbone team for the same.

Regards
Sunil
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-2015, 11:14 AM
black42 black42 is offline
Aspiring Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
black42 has 10 reputation points
Default

I had this issues on a s8500 PBX unit. The problem was in the voicemail box, specifically the "Switch Number" the box was assigned to. All my other voicemail boxes were on switch 1 but somehow this one mailbox was assigned switch number 0. This setting is on the main page as you do a "disp sub xxxx" or "cha sub xxxx" (where xxxx is the extension).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 PM.

This Forum is provided solely for the use and convenience of Avaya customers and partners. Use of the Forum is subject to the Terms and Use and Privacy Statement found at www.avaya.com. No other use is permitted. The Forum including all content posted is “AS IS” and Avaya expressly disclaims all warranties and/or guarantees as to its accuracy, reliability, usefulness, quality or non-infringement of intellectual property. Avaya reserves the right to remove any content posted on the Forum at any time and for whatever reason.

Avaya will not be liable for any content posted on this Forum, including, without limitation, any errors or omissions or for any losses or damages of any kind incurred as a result of use or reliance on any content, regardless of its origin.

You expressly understand and agree that you assume all risks associated with use or reliance on this content.