Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Telephones, Adjuncts, and Adapters

Old 07-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Aspiring Member

steph118 has 10 reputation points
Default 1120e with "dead" expansion modules (ntys08)

Hoping someone else has experienced this and could suggest potential causes of our problem.

We are experiencing problems at one of our sites with expansion modules going blank sporadically. Anywhere from 1-4 weeks after installing an expansion module on a user's phone it goes blank (no power at all, not just loss of programming). Restarting the phone sometimes brings the module back on but it is temporary. We've taken "broken" expansion modules and plugged them in elsewhere and they work fine (I've got one beside me now).

We have many sites with many 1120e phones in service and this is only happening at one location. We suspect it is a power related issue but have not been able to confirm this. The site is remote and having to send techs is dragging the process out. We are considering putting a power conditioner on a few phones to see if this clears it up, assuming the sites power supply is the cause. Grasping at straws a bit.

edit: These phones are using power adaptors. We have PoE at a few locations but not where the problem is occurring.

Last edited by steph118; 07-23-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 07-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Aspiring Member

dmeski has 10 reputation points
Default 1140e with Add On Module

I have the same issue at a Hospital Campus. This is 6.0 CS1000MG configuration. We have changed the phones, changed the sidecars, changed the power supplys, changed the switch ports, changed to a different Cat 5 station cable, upgraded the firmware to the latest, double checked to be sure we were not supplying dual power, and the problem still persists. I have done same thing and took a "side car" that failed, and hooked it up to the PBX room phone and it has worked fine for the last 6 weeks. I would sure like to get to the bottom of this as it is consuming a lot of tech time.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Guru

gwebster has 25 to 49 reputation pointsgwebster has 25 to 49 reputation points

A new release of software was posted at the beginning of July. The ReadMe indicates "GEMs go blank on 1140 sets randomly" as one of the resolved items.

Tags
1120e, expansion, ntys08, power, screen