Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > IP Telephony and Convergence

Old 11-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Whiz

asiddi has 10 reputation points
Default CM6.0 backup (S8300D/G450)

Hi All,

I have 2 systems running CM 6 with latest patches for System Platform and CM on S8300D Server with G450 gateways...I am unable to take backup like i used to do with older CM5 and earlier releases through ftp in pub folder. Attached screenshot shows the error i m getting when trying to backup. Backup is not happening through any ID (admin, customer, LDAP, dadmin, anonymous), on one of the systems, customer have an sftp server and I can backup to that sftp server easily but i cannot take a backup on pub folder.
When I try to access ftp://<ip-address>/pub it asks for a username and password...

I have another CM6 installation running on common server and on those servers backup is just like it used to be with Cm5...but i am facing the issue with S8300D servers...please help me out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg backup1.jpg (16.0 KB, 51 views)
Old 11-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Whiz

hi...please help me out...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Hot Shot

hongc has 10 reputation points

I am getting an engineer to look into this soon.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Guru

aa1 has 20 reputation pointsaa1 has 20 reputation points
Default refusing to run with writable anonymous root

The screen shot is too small to read the text carefully. However, I assume the error message is "refusing to run with writable anonymous root".

I tested this in the lab and I am able to reproduce and get the above error message. in prevoius releases of Communication Manager similar problem was reported. The Avaya Knowledge base article was written for this "KB01032722".

I followed the steps and I managed to get the FTP backup working. The activity would need to be performed using root permissions. I suggest you contact Avaya Support line requesting assistance.

You may also use "scp" instead as a workaround

hope this helps.
Arbi
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Whiz

u read it correctly, unfortunately it didnt let me upload the bigger image...anyways, the KB01032722 u mentioned is for CM4, is it applicable to CM6 as well? see, i have one CM6 system running on HP common server and I can do ftp like i used to with CM5...but i have 3-4 S8300D based systems on CM6 and all of them are not letting me take the backup using ftp..

it may sound foolish but i dunno how to use scp, can you please give me some outlines???

thanks for your help
Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Hot Shot

hongc has 10 reputation points

scp source destination

example: scp a xln file from /var/home/ftp/pub/xln to the same directory on another server with ip 192.11.13.14, and the login id you have for the destination server is 'dadmin'

From the Linux: scp /var/home/ftp/pub/xln dadmin@192.11.13.14:/var/home/ftp/pub

Hope it helps.

Tristan
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Whiz

thanks for the reply, but it is not letting me take backup at the first place...first i need to take backup only after that i would be able to do the rest...how to do that?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Aspiring Member

selvanivan has 10 reputation points

HI

I'm having the same problem S8300D/G430, can't save backup to /pub directory. Did you find a solution?

Selvan
Old 12-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Guru

aa1 has 20 reputation pointsaa1 has 20 reputation points
Default CM6.0 backup (S8300D/G450)

Hi asiddi: what exactly do you mean by "it's now allowing me to backup"? Are you getting a different error message now? If you're getting the same error message, that's because you are using FTP. You may still use the backup option, but instead of the FPT option in the drop down list, you may use SCP. this will use a different protocol. I've tested this in our lab and it should work. Please test it using SCP (instead of the FTP) on the same backup page. Please note that in the folder, you will need to specificy the full directory name: which would be: /var/home/ftp/pub/ inclusing all the slahses.

Hi Selvan, if you also have the same error using FTP, try using SCP. if that works, then you would need to open a ticket with Avaya support team and request assistance. the details are in one of my previous posts.

thanks
Arbi
Old 12-27-2011, 05:24 AM
Whiz

thanks aa1, i managed to find this out....along with this, in login we'll have to use dadmin/admin to take backup...it wont let you backup with anonymous....but this ftp and anonymous account works if u r using HP servers...the issue is only with S8300D server..thanks for the help