Avaya Support Forums  

Go Back   Avaya Support Forums > Avaya Aura & Unified Communications

Old 05-20-2011, 03:46 AM

richb1971 has 10 reputation points
Default IP Office 6 and Exchange 2010 UM

Hi,

My first post here-Can IP Office 6 use Exchange 2010 for Unified Messaging? I've never worked with any Avaya kit and this is my first job! Any help would be great or URLs to useful sites.

Cheers

Rich
Old 06-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Aspiring Member

lewis54 has 10 reputation points
Default Any luck

Has anyone replied to you on this issue? I'm wondering the same thing and being new to Avaya and their support culture, it's looking pretty thin.... back to google I suppose although I'm left wondering why I paid for a maintenance contact....
Old 08-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Hot Shot

fan1 has 10 reputation points

Hi,lewis54
I have provided my suggestion on Exchange 2010 UM side ( I have been working on Exchange 2007/2010 UM with CS1000 , OCS2007/Lync 2010)

1.Create a UM dialing plan (type :unsecure and extension, 5digits)

2.Create a UM IP gateway associated with this dialing plan (the UM IP gateway should be the IP office IP address ,who send the INVITE to UM)

3.Optionally, you can create a Auto-Attendant assoicated with this dialing plan For example ( 5 digit 55000)

Then you can modify the UM dialing plan for system access number to 50000.

Now, you can creat mailbox receipt with UM enabled including the mailbox extension number, PIN.

For Avaya IP Office side, I am not familiar but can provide some clue

1. You must point to UM IP address for messaging
2. The number defined in IP office and UM should match