Pingash
I like the blog you posted here. Such a great info to share. Keep it up posting.Pigash
Avaya Diagnostics: Config Validate Tool R2 Trial Discussion
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
I personally admire this site because I got a lot of information from it. I enjoyed these tips and even wrote a post on my blog about it. I hope that you keep comming up with great ideas.
____________
Worldwide Internet users akciove sluzby
Leave a comment:
-
-
The issue with the incomplete PDF reports is now resolved. Please try running your report again, and it should work fine.
If anyone has any issues, please post here, or let me know.
Thanks!
Leave a comment:
-
-
Hi Tom,Originally posted by murphytom View PostI found and tried this tool at the suggestion from Sean OReilly. Ran the tool perfectly but I cannot see the results. When I click view it gives me a file location that I cannot access.
The manual says it is available in PDF format. How do I see that report?
I have attached a screenshot of the results
The tarball file is located on a toolsA server. If you don't have access to toolsA, you can request access via IT Self-Service as follows:
1) Go to itss.avaya.com
2) Click Request Service
3) In the "What are you looking for box", enter: toolsa
4) Select the link: "ToolsA - Request Login ID"
5) Click the KM link to read more about it (optional)
6) Fill in the form details, and submit
To decode the tarball file you can follow the instructions on the ETSS wiki site. You can send me an e-mail if you would like specifics on this part.
For the PDF report, you can run the tool from the Avaya Diagnostic Portal, and it would generate a PDF in the "View Configuration Validation Reports" historical reports section.
I just tried it for the SEID in your screenshot, and found that it completed but did not generate a full PDF report. I have raised an internal ticket to have this investigated, as it should have generated a full report from the tarball file for you.
Thanks for highlighting this issue! I'll reply back into the forum once the problem is addressed.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Reading reports
I found and tried this tool at the suggestion from Sean OReilly. Ran the tool perfectly but I cannot see the results. When I click view it gives me a file location that I cannot access.
The manual says it is available in PDF format. How do I see that report?
I have attached a screenshot of the results
Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 1.17.58 PM.png.pdf
Leave a comment:
-
-
You asked, and we deliver. The ability to enter an SEID directly is now live! Here is a screen capture of what the selection screen looks like:Originally posted by koehler2 View PostAs AOS Backbone Engineer, I came across the CVT when searching for info on a new, managed account that came into our vertical. Account was turned over lacking information on configs and we did not have the luxury of time to spend putting it together. The first issue i came across was rather large from my perspective but may not be an issue for most and realize also I may not fall into the intended audience for the tool. However, i wanted to ask and find out:
Currently, The CVT only allows input for requests utilizing Customer FL/Sold To. Can we utilize SEIDs in place of sold to numbers or is there a plan for this capability? I would assume the Sold Tos/FLs are correlated into SEIDs anyways in the software, but wasnt sure. As a service employee, reach is pretty far away from the processes that I know to utilize Sold to's. Obtaining them can be a challenge as we speak SEID, not FL.
Great concept, very well executed..
I am Hopeful it will extend to allow for search input other than FL, but understanding if not.

Keep the suggestions coming!
Leave a comment:
-
-
Great suggestion! I have started looking into making the initial selection available either by SEID or FL. I have added it to our feature tracking list.Originally posted by koehler2 View PostAs AOS Backbone Engineer, I came across the CVT when searching for info on a new, managed account that came into our vertical. Account was turned over lacking information on configs and we did not have the luxury of time to spend putting it together. The first issue i came across was rather large from my perspective but may not be an issue for most and realize also I may not fall into the intended audience for the tool. However, i wanted to ask and find out:
Currently, The CVT only allows input for requests utilizing Customer FL/Sold To. Can we utilize SEIDs in place of sold to numbers or is there a plan for this capability? I would assume the Sold Tos/FLs are correlated into SEIDs anyways in the software, but wasnt sure. As a service employee, reach is pretty far away from the processes that I know to utilize Sold to's. Obtaining them can be a challenge as we speak SEID, not FL.
Great concept, very well executed..
I am Hopeful it will extend to allow for search input other than FL, but understanding if not.
Thanks again for trying CVT and providing feedback!
Cheers
Leave a comment:
-
-
As AOS Backbone Engineer, I came across the CVT when searching for info on a new, managed account that came into our vertical. Account was turned over lacking information on configs and we did not have the luxury of time to spend putting it together. The first issue i came across was rather large from my perspective but may not be an issue for most and realize also I may not fall into the intended audience for the tool. However, i wanted to ask and find out:
Currently, The CVT only allows input for requests utilizing Customer FL/Sold To. Can we utilize SEIDs in place of sold to numbers or is there a plan for this capability? I would assume the Sold Tos/FLs are correlated into SEIDs anyways in the software, but wasnt sure. As a service employee, reach is pretty far away from the processes that I know to utilize Sold to's. Obtaining them can be a challenge as we speak SEID, not FL.
Great concept, very well executed..
I am Hopeful it will extend to allow for search input other than FL, but understanding if not.
Leave a comment:
-
-
New Avaya Diagnostic Portal now Live with new tools
For those that have yet to see the new Avaya Diagnostic Portal, it has now replaced the old single-tool version in the All Tools section of the Support site.
The ADP can be viewed by Tools or by applicable Products from the following links:
Tool View: https://secureservices.avaya.com/adp...toolView.xhtml
Product View: https://secureservices.avaya.com/adp...ductView.xhtml
Please give it a try and let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Thanks!
Leave a comment:
-
-
Global Registration Tool Documentation Enhancements - SAL provisioning
We have a new version of the Global Registration Tool 3.0 Technical Onboarding Document. This will help with resolving remote connectivity problems to devices and allow CVT to be used with it.
Based on feedback from customers and partners, SAL Gateway provisioning was not clear as a manual step in the semi-automated GRT technical on-boarding process.
Through our CVT R2 Trial we have identified the areas needed for GRT improvement, and a new GRT 3.0 document has been published.
You can find the new updated GRT 3.0 document here:
https://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100175932
The types of errors with CVT that this will resolve are the ones that produce the following error:
[01/31/2014 22:59:25 GMT] (+5.1s) Attempting connection...connect to product: <SEID>.
Start connection by using login id: inads
Connection attempt 1 failed for: <SEID> Error code: 0 --
com.avaya.jconnect.applicationapi.ConnectionFailed Exception
Connection attempt 2 failed for: <SEID> Error code: 0 --
com.avaya.jconnect.applicationapi.ConnectionFailed Exception
Connection attempt 3 failed for: <SEID> Error code: 0 --
com.avaya.jconnect.applicationapi.ConnectionFailed Exception
Failed all connections attempts for <SEID>
Internal Error Occurred. com.avaya.a2r.services.connection.exceptions.Produ ctConnectionException: Unable to
Please take a look at the new GRT guide. If anyone needs any assistance with it, please let me know, and I would be glad to set up some time for us to walk through it together.
Cheers,
Roberto
Leave a comment:
-
-
The Avaya Diagnostic Portal along with Config Validate Tool are all back up and running. Thank you to all for your patience while service was being restored.Originally posted by roberto View PostHello everyone!
Additionally, I was informed this morning that the Avaya Diagnostic Portal and many of the Avaya web tools are down this morning. The IT team is working on restoring service, and I will send out an update once things are back to normal.
As an FYI, the other web applications that were also affected were:
1.ASCA
2.Avaya Networking Health Check
3.Configuration Validation
4.CS1000 Advanced Diagnostic Tool
5.Password Reset
6.Security Screener
These are all back to normal now as well. Root cause and prevention analysis is underway internally.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Avaya Web Tools down at present
Hello everyone!
Our CVT trial continues. We are investigating connectivity improvements based on the tool's usage so far. Thank you for your help in testing our diagnostic tools. It provides us with valuable information to continue enhancing the tools that you use.
Additionally, I was informed this morning that the Avaya Diagnostic Portal and many of the Avaya web tools are down this morning. The IT team is working on restoring service, and I will send out an update once things are back to normal.
As always, please continue to send me feedback on what you require and what we can do to make supporting Avaya products easier for you.
Thanks!
Roberto
Leave a comment:
-
-
Just a reminder that the new ADP Landing Page will be deployed tonight. There are also some fixes for access problems related to SSO authentication.Originally posted by roberto View PostThe new ADP Landing page will become active on December 19th. More details to follow.
I'll send an e-mail to all Trial participants with the details of the new Landing Page tomorrow.
Thanks,
Roberto
Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment: